The Student Room Group

How many pages can you write in an hour?

Scroll to see replies

Over nine thousand.
Usually 7 or 8. My hand is about ready to fall off afterwards though!
I wrote 24 in a 3 hour exam last week, and afterwards, my hand wouldn't stop twitching for hours, which was a bit odd!
2 to 2 and a half - I type mine though (dyspraxia - if I didn't, I wouldn't get past one page!) and keep to a guide of 1500 words for each essay - I'm doing an English degree.
Reply 23
If I know what I'm writing I can write upto 1 A4 page per 6 minutes (my writing's pretty big!) but if I allow any thinking time and I have to think hard about what I'm writing I could probably do 7 or so in an hour. In a 2 hour law exam I wrote 19 pages, but I knew exactly what I was writing.
In a 90 minute exam I usually do 7-8 pages, with probably 10-15 minutes spent thinking :P

So probably about 4-6 in an hour.
Depends entirely on the topic. I've written 8 pages before, but in my recent exams, just 3-4 pages.
Original post by Crash and Burn
I've been doing my exams and they are all essay like questions, normally two in an hour.

I only ever seem to write a side and a half or two sides for each essay.. so 3 or 4 pages an hour.

Everyone seems to write so much more :frown:

I had to start writing fast at GCSE level. I'd say that I can use up around 14-16 sides of A4 paper in 1 hour. That's 7-8 pages.
(edited 12 years ago)
Probably between 4 and 6 sides per hour depending on how well my thoughts are already composed, how many diagrams need to be included and things like that.

In a 3 hour 3 essay exam I've filled a full booklet and additional one, which is probably about 15 sides twice.

If it was just pure text, probably about 10-12 in 3 hours.
I do write two or three, I can write more.
In 2 hours and 15 mins I wrote 18 pages
Yep me too. XD
Original post by Crash and Burn
I've been doing my exams and they are all essay like questions, normally two in an hour.

I only ever seem to write a side and a half or two sides for each essay.. so 3 or 4 pages an hour.

Everyone seems to write so much more :frown:

I write about 4-5, in Sociology a 30marker should take 45mins and i do 3 pages of lined A4 for that and a 20marker takes me 30mins so yh roughly 4-5 pages similar to you but that’s fine! I still get only A*s in all my mocks so it’s quality over quantity
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 32
Did you lose marks for that??
Original post by Love101
Did you lose marks for that??

This thread is 10 years old :sigh:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending