How many pages can you write in an hour? Watch

Crash and Burn
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
I've been doing my exams and they are all essay like questions, normally two in an hour.

I only ever seem to write a side and a half or two sides for each essay.. so 3 or 4 pages an hour.

Everyone seems to write so much more
ellie_flower
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
in a two hour exam with two essays for history for example, i will write about 8 or 9 pages, or 3-4 typed.

sounds about the same as you.
DylanLJG
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ha! For Literature I barely did two 2 and a half page essays in the two hours. I always feel like I haven't done enough, but it depends on the size of your handwriting as well as how concise and detailed you are.

For example:

Most of my friends fit around 12 words on a line whilst I fit 23.
Core Science GCSE coursework, got 93/100 with 2 typed pages. A friend did 27 pages and got the same mark.

Writing less is often better as examiners won't have to go through crap. The only downside is often psychological. If they see 5 pages of work, their mind may subconciously see this as more and hence "better" than say 2 pages.

Don't worry! You did way more than me and I still know I'll get an A.
Princess Bubbles
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
About three to four sides an hour. Remember its more about quality than quantity!
PAPAdawg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
well my degree is mostl equations and diagrams so i do an inflated number of pages. but for my essay module, so entirely writing, on friday i did exactly 3 booklets (24 pages A4) in 3 hours. so 8 pages an hour. was similar at a level, when i did an essay subject.
JulietAlphaGolf
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Quality over Quantity every time.
PAPAdawg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by JulietAlphaGolf)
Quality over Quantity every time.
definitely this. i don't think the OP is worried about it though, just interested.
timeandacrayon
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
In my philosophy exam i did 14 pages in an hour and a half, so about 9 or 10 an hour. But in exams my writing gets bigger and bigger and bigger until i'm fitting like seven words on a line!
choccandy21
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
same as you OP about 4
lord snow
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
8 or 9
Ducklighter
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
3-4 pages possibly. I don't know really. In my exam I did 2 essays and 2 pages for each essay. Although that was within 1/2 hour of the exam because I spent the other hour answering small paragraph questions and multiple choice questions.
RabbitCFH
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
2-2,5. I spend too much time daydreaming.
Chaofan88
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
***** please, this is TSR. My average is 23 sides.
AspiringGenius
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Crash and Burn)
I've been doing my exams and they are all essay like questions, normally two in an hour.

I only ever seem to write a side and a half or two sides for each essay.. so 3 or 4 pages an hour.

Everyone seems to write so much more
I just did my English lit exam and wrote 15 pages. This was a two and a half hour exam so 15/2.5=6 pages per hour. ^_^ my handwritings not big, I just go mental in exams :P
theultimateplu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I seem to write exactly 2 and a half sides for essays during exams. Doesn't matter the topic. Tis odd :P
Stressworthy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It really is quality over quantity, so if you spend more time thinking about and planning what you write, you're bound to write less. Plus, depends on how big your handwriting is too! But I'm guessing you're talking about an average size. I'm pretty similar to you... in fact, I may even write less... about 3-3 and a half. There's always those annoying ones who require lots of extra paper, and they're the ones who seem to revise tonnes too. You wonder what the hell they're writing.
DemolitionLovers
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
About 4-5 pages. People who write more usually have bigger writing so most people generally write the same amount.
Misnomer
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It depends! In an exam that I have revised well and done good preparation for then I can do 6 pages in an hour.
Terranomini
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I write about 4 pages per hour of the answer books we get for our exams here at uni. But then, I've always been one for quality over quantity. You don't really have to write much. I definitely wrote less than you back in my A-level days and I got near enough full marks for all of my essay papers.
Jordenfruitbat
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I can write around 6 pages an hour, if I know what I am talking about, in my AS sociology exam I wrote about 12 pages in a 2 hour exam.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.78%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.96%
No I am happy with my course choice (401)
57.04%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (100)
14.22%

Watched Threads