Watch
This discussion is closed.
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
He served in the royal navy. Not many princes do that. He is also a handy shot, well known for his accuracy in his youth.

The award was set up to help others, who it is named after is irrelevent.
wtf lol he was in the navy and he could kind of shoot a gun well. What an amazingly wonderful person who deserves to have an award named after them.

I do not dispute that the award in principal is good and was set up to help others. The award its really doesnt have anything to do with the duke except for his name.

As for it being irrelevant, that depends if you have principals. I do, and its not the fact that he doesn't deserve to have the award named after him but that he's a racist which annoys me. I simply wouldn't want an award named after a racist out of principal. If there was an award set up to help others called the Adolf Hitler award would u really want one? Ur saying the name on an award is irrelevant.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by iiikewldude)
wtf lol he was in the navy and he could kind of shoot a gun well. What an amazingly wonderful person who deserves to have an award named after them.

I do not dispute that the award in principal is good and was set up to help others. The award its really doesnt have anything to do with the duke except for his name.

As for it being irrelevant, that depends if you have principals. I do, and its not the fact that he doesn't deserve to have the award named after him but that he's a racist which annoys me. I simply wouldn't want an award named after a racist out of principal. If there was an award set up to help others called the Adolf Hitler award would u really want one? Ur saying the name on an award is irrelevant.

He is an important person due to his marriage to the queen. Whatever you think of him he is still important. You couldnt have the 'john smith' award because that would be just plane crap And he is one hell of a shot, not kinda good.

He isnt a racist. Thats why he is so cool. If most people said what he says they would be racist but because he lives in such a bubble he is completly oblivious to the fact that he is being racist. He is an institution.
butterflew
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by stu673)
Ive done most of the award now, just got to finish off phys/service.

conversations about who you would eat first if you cant find your way off the bloo*y mountain will haunt you forever
haha you did that too?!?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (206)
42.83%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (74)
15.38%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (193)
40.12%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.66%

Watched Threads