The Student Room Group

Domino's is so expensive!

Scroll to see replies

Off topic but I really want domino's now! :frown:
Join the CCF and get 50% MILITARY DISCOUNT (though it only counts during training because you have to send an adult from the actual military to get everyone's pizzas)
The branches around universities will always have 50% off or BOGOF vouchers posted at the start of the year, and all you need to do is say the deal (not even require the voucher) to get the pizza. So when you get a large pizza for £5 delivered it really is a great deal. Anyone who buys full price should put in that small amount of effort more to try and save loads of cash :h:
Reply 23
Original post by warwickorbristol
That joke would be funnier if it was actually an expensive liquid. Reality is most alcoholic drinks are more expensive per litre.

Bloody mineral water is more expensive per litre! Barely taxed, can't-set-on-fire, domestically produced bloody water.
I only ever eat Domino's pizza when there is an offer on :ninja: The Asda pizzas where you can add the toppings yourself are sooo delicious and much cheaper :colone:
for what it is, yes its expensive, I never use the large chains if i want a pizza i use local places
Reply 27
"NUSEXTRA" is a code I always use if there are no deals, its either 10% or 20% off, I can't remember haha.
Original post by otilov
dont eat there then

There as in at Dominoes sit down restaurants :tongue: it's frustrating, Dominoes could be a bit cheaper to be fair
I like the £4.99 lunchtime special - large pizza with a topping. I don't really like toppings, so works out nicely for me. :biggrin:
Domino's is quite pricey but it tastes so good and it's perfect for a Tuesday night in.
BUT my local takeaway offers any 11" pizza with any toppings for £2.50. Most beautiful thing in the world when you're drunk!

(..and then you wake up, look at the remainder of it, and think "****, did I throw that up?!")
its ridiculously expensive for what it is, bread, tomato sauce, pretty rubbish cheese and little amounts of veggies and meats.
Snappy Pizza FTW :biggrin: buy one get one free on collection!
Reply 33
Original post by Tommyjw
Welcome to the wonderful world of fast food. E.g. burger king, pizza hut, KFC, chip shops, kebab shops etc etc etc.

And tbh, i always get dominoes, can't remember the last time i didn't get any kind of deal. Whether it be like £10 when you spend £30 with a freind, 2 for 1, or the one i always get by myself is like large pizza & coke & chicken things for like £16 xD

I love it but that has gone up a fair bit recently
Reply 34
Boke
It is a silly price, but that's the price you pay for delievery though.
Last night i only paid £8.99 for a medium pizza instead of 14.99 because i collected it.
This sounds a bit draft, but you tried shopping around- ordering from smaller pizza companies that aren't so big in the industry, so not pizza hut, dominos or herbies etc..
Reply 36
If you look through local pizza takeaway menu's, for £18 or so you can get 3xsuper size pizzas, or some silly amount like that (questionable quality, tbf)

Altohugh I found an (expired) Domino's voucher for 15 off a 30 menu-price spend - that's very good value.

Locals can also do a better variety of sides - personally I found Tops pizza BBQ chicken wings a lot lot more nicer than pizza hut's.
(edited 12 years ago)
If you think you can't eat two, get two anyway then eat it for lunch the next day - two meals in one! And it's a whole new taste sensation after it's been in the fridge overnight =P
Original post by WelshDragon23
I have been using domino's for a while, and the pizzas are consistently tasty and you know what your going to get. But I logged on today and I saw the prices for the pizza's, a large create your own was £15.49 (without toppings) a medium pizza £13.49 (without), and a small is £11.49. Now, there is a Two for Tuesday deal, which is basically a buy one get one free. Whilst this is good for two or more people, I only want one large for two people. Have you guys experienced the same thing?

Additional note: I have felt this even more so recently because the local Sainsbury's offer the equivalent of a large for about £3.50! Seems like quite the gap even if is doesn't taste quite as nice.

I would put money on there being some small place near you that does good pizzas for a fraction of the price.

Up here in Lancaster it is either Pizettas on campus or Starvin Marvin's in town. 12" in the former is about £9, at the latter a 14" starts from about £7. In my opinion both are as good as dominoes.
Reply 39
This is why I only ever get Domino's on Tuesday with friends as I really like their food but it's just too expensive.

For the price of one large pizza, I can go to my local Indian takeaway and get two starters, main course, pilau rice, one naan big enough to feed two as well as two poppadums. Add on another main course and rice and you're talking a meal for two costing just over £20 in total and the food is excellent, easily the best Indian takeaway food I've had and I've had loads; portions are huge and it's always immaculately cooked. Similarly, I could go to my local Chinese and get a whole meal for one with prawn crackers for £15. These are both cheaper options and IMO are more satisfying with more eating.

Going back to pizza, I could get a 12" pizza with a wide variety of toppings (they didn't let you choose your own from scratch but the menu was really extensive and had some great combinations) and a side order of chips for £10 from the kebab shop near my old flat in Dundee and it was :sogood:. You could upgrade the pizza to 16" for a flat rate of £4 extra or something like that - still the same price as Domino's but for more food.

Domino's is far too expensive for what it is, definitely, but it is really good and they seem to have started doing Pizza Hut style stuffed crust which they didn't before. Not a huge fan of Pizza Hut given that their pizzas seem thrown together with little care or thought, are plasticky and usually tight on toppings.
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest