Turn on thread page Beta

Guy, 5'7.5, 10 Stones, Overweight? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What do you think? I think i am overweight, i have a slight pop belly. I don't do weights and i use to exercise 2- 3.5 hours a week playing field hockey at uni'

So whats the ideal weight for someone my height?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    depends how much of it is fat, how much is muscle, whether you have a wide enough frame to carry it or whether it just all congregates around your middle etc.

if you got on one of the scales things in say boots it would probably say you are overweight slightly but i wouldnt say 10 stones is overweight for someone your height really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guest1984)
    What do you think? I think i am overweight, i have a slight pop belly. I don't do weights and i use to exercise 2- 3.5 hours a week playing field hockey at uni'

Thanks
    Without knowing how much of that is fat/muscle its really not possible to say , but if you do have a "pot belly" like you said, then perhaps thats a sign that you're shifting out of the healthy weight range.

ReputationRep:
    picture time..

ReputationRep:
    um well im a girl 5'8" and 11 stone and not fat so i dunno......

ReputationRep:
    A bloke at 10 stones probably couldn't be overweight at any height, I'm not joking when I say I was 10 stone at 12 years old, and not very fat either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    A bloke at 10 stones probably couldn't be overweight at any height, I'm not joking when I say I was 10 stone at 12 years old, and not very fat either.
    :ditto: nowadays i'm a shade over 6 foot and just under 13 stone. on the other hand i dont look much different to when i was 13 and a half stone. maybe weight just doesnt show on me...

ReputationRep:
    ok, you aren't overweight... you just need a bit of toning up. do sit ups before you go to sleepies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swazzle2000)
    ok, you aren't overweight... you just need a bit of toning up. do sit ups before you go to sleepies.
    If he has a pot-belly though, like he said, then he has excess fat, which won't just disappear with sit-ups. Yes sit-ups will tone your body, but they're not effective at getting rid of fat.

ReputationRep:
    Dont be silly

im 5ft9 and 9stone

and im a twig!

ReputationRep:
    Your BMI is 22(ish) so well within the normal range of 18-25. So no need to lose any weight really. Maybe toning up would be helpful (when you say a potbelly you could mean anything to be honest) All in all id say dont worry.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the advice guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Casey)
    If he has a pot-belly though, like he said, then he has excess fat, which won't just disappear with sit-ups. Yes sit-ups will tone your body, but they're not effective at getting rid of fat.
    get a tummy tuck then, smarty pants.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guest1984)

Thanks
    Depends how much of that body mass is muscle and how much is pure fat.

ReputationRep:
    As said, you got a little belly, so do 500 situps when you wake up and before u go to bed, also try to eat 5 portions of fruit and veg and DRINK LOADS OF WATER!!! LIKE, 2 LITRES A DAY!!

ReputationRep:
    As said, you got a little belly, so do 500 situps when you wake up and before u go to bed, also try to eat 5 portions of fruit and veg and DRINK LOADS OF WATER!!! LIKE, 2 LITRES A DAY!!
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    maybe he is just a blob of skin... eugh.. nice image for you there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swazzle2000)
    maybe he is just a blob of skin... eugh.. nice image for you there.
    Its my idol William Hung, you shouldn't judge someone by the way they look

ReputationRep:
    what are you on about? your idol is a blob of skin?

i wasn't judging anyone... wtf?

ReputationRep:
    is that a joke? 1000 situps per day? that would be almost pointless.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 18, 2005
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.