DanielleKeane
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi guys, was just wondering the likelihood of London Met accepting you if you achieve below the conditional offer they give you by 1 grade or 2? I've been offered 240 points aka ccc which I know I can achieve i'm just getting a bit paranoid and would like to know if i could stop stressing a little haha, thanks!
an_end_has_a_start
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
not as harsh as some unis i wouldn't have thought considering that its at the bottom (or near the bottom) of most league tables
im so academic
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DanielleKeane)
Hi guys, was just wondering the likelihood of London Met accepting you if you achieve below the conditional offer they give you by 1 grade or 2? I've been offered 240 points aka ccc which I know I can achieve i'm just getting a bit paranoid and would like to know if i could stop stressing a little haha, thanks!
They will *literally* let you in with anything.
SpicyStrawberry
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Send them an email telling them about your concerns and see what they say. It won't do you any harm!
DanielleKeane
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
thanks guys!
GoonerTom
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Went to their open day this afternoon and I thought it was pretty decent; if it's the worst in the country I look forward to visiting more higher up the league table. But considering it runs my course, is fairly local to where I live and is on the doorstep of the mighty Arsenal, I may well apply as a backup should I not get into one of the so-called 'better' universities. Whisper it quietly, but I was borderline impressed.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by GoonerTom)
Went to their open day this afternoon and I thought it was pretty decent; if it's the worst in the country I look forward to visiting more higher up the league table. But considering it runs my course, is fairly local to where I live and is on the doorstep of the mighty Arsenal, I may well apply as a backup should I not get into one of the so-called 'better' universities. Whisper it quietly, but I was borderline impressed.
You wouldn't be if they'd just cut your course without warning.
ultimate mashup
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Go to another university if you can. London met is considered Britian's worst university. They presently have a lot of financial problems which means that the facilities are likely to be lacking.

Consider East London, Southbank, Greenwich or Goldsmiths.
i am god ovbz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
well then you might aswell sign up there then
im so academic
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by i am god ovbz)
well then you might aswell sign up there then
Excuse me? I'm definitely aiming higher than London Met.

Tbh, it seems that the only requirement of London Met is to be alive. That's not a university tbh.
Ajadepoju
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think london met gets an unnecessarily bad rep. It may be bottom of the tables but thats roughly 100 institutes? There are around 400 in england. I CHOSE to go there because ive seen a couple animations online done there and its looked like a decent place to learn. I have decent grades and i fully intend to stay there and make the most out of my education regardless or snobbery and stigma.
The Fez
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They rejected me and offered me a foundation year for Int'l students, that broke my heart. LSE gave me an unconditional offer.
I was like :eek:
gozatron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's all relative.

A university for you may be below par but a university for someone else might be a perfect choice. This thread isn't asking for your opinion, it's asking for some advice so please take your snide comments elsewhere.

Anyways OP, best thing you can ever do is contact your department directly via email. They'll be the ones making the decision of course!
Liblover
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Their average tariff entry is 216 UCAS points, so that's less than C C D...
If you can't manage Cs, maybe work is the better option.
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Tbh, it seems that the only requirement of London Met is to be alive. That's not a university tbh.
Since when did they impose this admission requirement?

One of the major problems with London Met has been the number of its fictitious students.

Apparently they still don't have an accurate head count.
ladymary
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you cant achieve CCC then you shouldn't be going to university, so I'm sure you'll get it with no problem. Out of curiousity what course is this for?
Morgasm19
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

According to come people only Oxford and Cambridge are universities....:P Why are you being so critical? And I'm sorry, not meaning to attack you or sound rude, but if you are a fourteen year old girl with no experience of applying to or being at university, what entitles you to give advice to people who are currently going through these processes?
im so academic
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by nulli tertius)
Since when did they impose this admission requirement?

One of the major problems with London Met has been the number of its fictitious students.

Apparently they still don't have an accurate head count.
They make up its students? Source? :lolwut:

I wonder why they would do that for...
Wenger
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I seriously LOL'd at the title of this thread. They should paying you to go, nevermind what grades you have. I haven't heard a single good word about this university.
heartskippedabeat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Shouldn't your sig say piss instead of pisses?
'Things that pisses ISA off' sounds like chavvy 14 year old girl destined for london met speak :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (31)
29.25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.43%
No I am happy with my choice (59)
55.66%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
5.66%

Watched Threads