The Student Room Group

I've been accepted into the London school of Osteopathy with a BTEC in Sport Science!

Okay, so I studied BTEC Sport Science at College and managed to obtain an overall grade of DDM. Anyway, I have always been interested in Osteopath, so I decided that I would apply for it. I received a letter a few weeks later inviting me for an interview. I attended the interview and they asked me why I wanted to study the course, so I told them that a family member was diagnosed with an illness through Osteopathy and therefore it really interested me from that point on. To be honest though, I actually lied about that story and they fell for it, well I had to say something! otherwise I would've been tongue tied not knowing what to say and ruined the interview. So they told me that my grades were really good and they said they would be in touch. A week later I get an email from them saying they have accepted me onto the course, so I will be studying this September. The problem is, I am a little worried because I haven't studied Biology or Chemistry at A level, only my BTEC in Sport Science, which doesn't contain any Chemistry or Biology at all (except not lab work). Will I struggle without these A levels? I am surprised they didn't say anything about them to be honest.
The fact that they didn't mention it suggests that it won't be a problem.
Reply 2
Original post by mangoh

Original post by mangoh
first congratulations :smile:

I think more and more of us should be doing BTECs, it has the power to move us forward in the education system and in my opinion I think they deserve the upmost respect that they currently and sadly don't recieve.

We should all respect BTECs as these types of courses allows us to enhance our skills, opens pathways to succeed as currently I feel many other qualifications lack this.

I understand your not sure if you will be prepared because you have not done a level Biology & Chemistry but let me assure you that this does not matter at all as you will most likely be prepared more than others that have done a levels in them two subjects.

Why am I saying this because I have experience from doing a levels Biology & Chemistry and I feel I have not learnt much for this very reason a lone I think BTECs should be the standard form for the education system and then a levels.

Right, okay. I don't know whether to believe you're being truthful, or whether you are being sarcastic. I have heard people on this site saying that BTEC's are pointless and have no real benefit. People also say that A levels are a lot harder than BTEC courses, but obviously I cannot vouch for this as I have only studied a BTEC.
I did a BTEC National Dimploma in Sport, got a DDD and got accepted for Biomedical Science and the main thing I would do is look up the syllabus and make sure you're prepared for the biology and chemistry bits because I didn't do biology or chemistry A-level. You just need to understand the new concepts and stuff you're learning for your degree because I tried to learn A-level stuff last October on my own and it just doesn't work with the everything else pre occupying yourself and also you won't need any of it for exams (well I didn't :/ ). Btw well done... I would of loved to do that degree :frown: lol
Reply 4
Original post by OneBeanLescott
I did a BTEC National Dimploma in Sport, got a DDD and got accepted for Biomedical Science and the main thing I would do is look up the syllabus and make sure you're prepared for the biology and chemistry bits because I didn't do biology or chemistry A-level. You just need to understand the new concepts and stuff you're learning for your degree because I tried to learn A-level stuff last October on my own and it just doesn't work with the everything else pre occupying yourself and also you won't need any of it for exams (well I didn't :/ ). Btw well done... I would of loved to do that degree :frown: lol

May I ask you what uni accepted you as I would like to do biomedical science and I am starting BTEC applied science.

Latest

Trending

Trending