Best Business School *NEW* Watch

Octavius85
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I m going for an MSc in Management nxt year and I got offers from LSE, Tanaka, Bath, Aston. I also applied to Judge (cambridge) and they didn't give an answer yet. I'm an international student and I applied only to the best i.e. well known brit universities. Really, I don't care if the course is part of a business school or not. I can only tell that at my level of studies (MSc), LSE is on top and the others are all good/similar choices. LSE doesn't have a business school, so what? it's still the best program and the most famous one. Besides if they were to create one, what would it be called? London Business school of Economics? Doesn't make any sense... and you can notice that LSE has an Institute of Management... that's a kind of business school. Overall, it's true that oxford is awsome and should be considered as a candidate for the Uk top b.school.

I think you got my point, my vote goes to.... the LSE !!
President_Ben
Badges: 13
Report 12 years ago
I think some people are failing to realise just what constitutes a Business School and the advantages of an actual business school... but heyho... onwards and upwards - good luck to you.
Octavius85
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Sure, could be. In that case please try to explain how good business schools like tanaka, bath or aston may give better job persepectives to their students than the LSE by the only fact that they are built on the basis of a formal business school.
silence
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
the london business school (sussex place) on the outer cirlce of regents park is, as said elsewhere in this thread, excellent. in a slgihtly different league to many of these university business schools.
Octavius85
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by silence)
the london business school (sussex place) on the outer cirlce of regents park is, as said elsewhere in this thread, excellent. in a slgihtly different league to many of these university business schools.
LBS is the best but it only do MBA's. They dominate so clearly in that field that it's not interesting comparing it to the rest. I think we are talking about business schools in general, that is Business+management schools at undegrad and posgrad level.
spy007
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by paddy357)
The London one may be good, but it is obviously not as good as the rest mentioned in the poll, as otherwise it would be higher in league tables. Oxford is the best here. Unfortunately the Judge school in Cambridge does not really factor in here as they do not offer a proper undergraduate course.
Paddy
Also the undergraduate business degrees at Imperial are not with Tanaka (they are based in a campus in Kent) and therefore Tanaka cannot be included in the ratings.
are you taking the mick???? LBS is the best in the uk easilly!!!
President_Ben
Badges: 13
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Octavius85)
Sure, could be. In that case please try to explain how good business schools like tanaka, bath or aston may give better job persepectives to their students than the LSE by the only fact that they are built on the basis of a formal business school.
Well, your really formal business schools might only do courses for people who already have say 3 years of commerical experience... providing a wealth of networking and a knowledge basis that spits all over taking fresh undergrads. For example.

But in UK business schools, such restrictive entry is uncommon. Unless you're LBS.

This thread is titled on Business Schools. Redefining over the thread til you're correct and actually, I'll end up joining you and agreeing with you. but it just means you're correct about something we didn't originally intend to chat about, as it were.
Multiplexed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Not really on topic is it?

Best Job Prospects is another topic and another thread.
Octavius85
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
dude, when you talk about b.school what s more important than job prospectives? Anyway, it's just an exemple, apply it to a more academic aspect if you want to. My point is, what's the use of pointing out a top "business school" and excluding the LSE, even though all these schools compete in the same "category".
ElWilson
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I m going for an MSc in Management nxt year and I got offers from LSE, Tanaka, Bath, Aston. I also applied to Judge (cambridge) and they didn't give an answer yet. I'm an international student and I applied only to the best i.e. well known brit universities. Really, I don't care if the course is part of a business school or not. I can only tell that at my level of studies (MSc), LSE is on top and the others are all good/similar choices. LSE doesn't have a business school, so what? it's still the best program and the most famous one. Besides if they were to create one, what would it be called? London Business school of Economics? Doesn't make any sense... and you can notice that LSE has an Institute of Management... that's a kind of business school. Overall, it's true that oxford is awsome and should be considered as a candidate for the Uk top b.school.

I think you got my point, my vote goes to.... the LSE !!
From league tables etc. don't go to Judge Cambridge, from what i've hea rd its an overall academically good school, but Business is not its strong point.
Busta
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oxbridge, LSE, Warwick, Bath, Nottingham

These are the ones you should be choosing from.

Although the likes of Aston and Lancaster have great business schools, their overall university reputation places them lower in my opinion. The opposite could be said about Imperial, their undergrad business courses aren't the best but its easy to trade in on the nam of the university.
MrSpanky
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ElWilson)
The best known, yet personally I think that the range of courses are average, they do not really show variety, therefore they should be good if theres only about 4 undergrad degrees available.
Technically, they should be there in the list, even if you don't think that they're good. It doesn't become a proper poll if you decide who ppl can and cannot vote for.
Octavius85
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
From league tables etc. don't go to Judge Cambridge, from what i've hea rd its an overall academically good school, but Business is not its strong point.
I have a great respect for oxbridge. But it's true that the master in management at judge (mphil) is too academic and I give more trust to the LSE in that field. So that's where I'll going nxt year
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Cambridge seem to have really missed the mark with their business school.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (147)
27.68%
No (384)
72.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed