This discussion is closed.
DevilsDoor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I have 6, on various parts of my body and dont regret any of them, even considering having a tribal arm band done in the near future. They are a form of self expression, although I do agree with Garys point that when I reach pension age they wont look so good, thank goodness I have them where I can either have them on show or keep them covered up. Anyone that doesnt have any, I would seriously suggest thinking about it before going ahead, they are for life.
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
if i was ever to have one i would have to design it myself. i dont want something that others have got
FCUKIN_LUV
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by DevilsDoor)
I have 6, on various parts of my body and dont regret any of them, even considering having a tribal arm band done in the near future. They are a form of self expression, although I do agree with Garys point that when I reach pension age they wont look so good, thank goodness I have them where I can either have them on show or keep them covered up. Anyone that doesnt have any, I would seriously suggest thinking about it before going ahead, they are for life.
tribal designs rock! mine is a tribal....they are soooo kool!
SasunD
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i think tattoos are stupid, sooooooooo may people have it, and it is nothing original. I also don't see the point of getting a tattoo somewhere where people kant see it, how the hell is it a form of self expression when nobody kan see it?

if it is like a mark that only your bf/gf kan see it when you get woof, woof, eh oh eh oh, hubba hubba..........sure it will we kool at the beginning but then it wears out.

What is the poit of getting something permanent on your body that you will get tired of.

get a henna or whatever.

people who do these things have too much time on their hands, if you were always bust with someting you wouldn't do stupid things.
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I don't intend to ever have one. I am not really sure about the whole idea of self expression, infact i think its a silly remark... if you want to express yourself then do it through your personality, i expect that it is very rare that someone gets to see your tatoo anyway? Therefore it just lends to the idea that you have tatoos as a means of conversation starters and a cheap way of showing off your body. On women a tatoo seems attractive when it is on the lower body, or hip... i say 'seems' because it is very often that it is not the tatoo that is attractive, it is your actual body. the tatoo just serves to it just direct your eye, and holds your view that little bit longer and once again it provides an excuse for you to show of your body... by wearing skimpy cloths.

Although i do not disagree with something like the name of your child tatooed on your body or something that is special to you like a religion.
munchie_rox
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by SasunD)
i think tattoos are stupid, sooooooooo may people have it, and it is nothing original. I also don't see the point of getting a tattoo somewhere where people kant see it, how the hell is it a form of self expression when nobody kan see it?

if it is like a mark that only your bf/gf kan see it when you get woof, woof, eh oh eh oh, hubba hubba..........sure it will we kool at the beginning but then it wears out.

What is the poit of getting something permanent on your body that you will get tired of.

get a henna or whatever.

people who do these things have too much time on their hands, if you were always bust with someting you wouldn't do stupid things.
well, thanks for that (coming from a guy who cant even say sex) i wil treasure that judgement...i think if people wan to have one, then they should have one
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by munchie_rox)
well, thanks for that (coming from a guy who cant even say sex) i wil treasure that judgement...i think if people wan to have one, then they should have one
Well what they want is not always the best think, especially when you are 14-15 (no offence is intended, just an example) because speaking from personal experience i know that i had know idea who i was at that age... although i did know what i wanted... well what i thought i wanted.

And so if someone what to have and display an offensive tatoo they should have it?
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by FCUKIN_LUV)
tribal designs rock! mine is a tribal....they are soooo kool!
they're kinda passe I find now. EVERYONE seems to have one! I have one and wish I didn't I would like to have another tattoo, but definately not tribal again.
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
they're kinda passe I find now. EVERYONE seems to have one! I have one and wish I didn't I would like to have another tattoo, but definately not tribal again.
Have something that means something to you...not in chinese, equally passe
rednirt
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Matt the cat)
Well what they want is not always the best think, especially when you are 14-15 (no offence is intended, just an example) because speaking from personal experience i know that i had know idea who i was at that age... although i did know what i wanted... well what i thought i wanted.

And so if someone what to have and display an offensive tatoo they should have it?
my friend had a "panther" done when she was 14... i used quote marks cos it was crap and looked like a big black splodge. Now she's grown and developed it looks terrible - she wishes she never had it done.
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by rednirt)
my friend had a "panther" done when she was 14... i used quote marks cos it was crap and looked like a big black splodge. Now she's grown and developed it looks terrible - she wishes she never had it done.
Ohh no... well she can have it lasered... but then that leaves a scar, maybe she can have something tatooed over it?
SasunD
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by munchie_rox)
please, i was trying to be funny, here you go "Sex" oooohhhhh.

so if someone wants to commit suicide they kan if they want to. i know its a extreme example, but hey, tose stick in your mind.

just because someone want to do something doesn't meant they should.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (66)
19.13%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.78%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.93%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.19%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.87%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.19%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.77%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.48%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.32%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.74%

Watched Threads