This discussion is closed.
emiliec
Badges: 0
Report 17 years ago
yeh i used to hate em but i seen em live and then 4t uve got to like em and respect them!!! Flava can grope my ass ne day!!!!!
SasunD
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by emiliec)
yeh i used to hate em but i seen em live and then 4t uve got to like em and respect them!!! Flava can grope my ass ne day!!!!!
someones a bit off the head........too much drink or something.
emiliec
Report 17 years ago
nope stone cold sober!!!
SasunD
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i just though that someone saying 'Flava kan grope my ass anyday' needed some help standing up, kos you would have to be outta ya mind to say that.
emiliec
Report 17 years ago
lol yeh i no im a lil strange but hey hes quite cute!!!
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ^mjg^)
wat u all think of them? their new track all 4 one is amazin. totally buzzin. they mite be gettin there own movie directed by peter jakson called lords ov da bling.
They are basically just a group of yobs who can't sing, maybe with an exception of 1 or 2 but it hardly makes a difference!
TK
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Please Don't Let The Blazin Squad Thread Go Red - I Think I Might Cry
Andrew_S
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Appreciate them for what they are doing, they know they're not the best, they don't take themselves seriously, they're just having fun. For that you've got to say, fair do's, you guys had no real job prospects but then you happened to make a garage record which brought you exposure, you're pretty lucky really. Let them enjoy their limelight whilst they still can. At least they don't put on phony American accents as many UK acts do to sound more mainstream and acceptable.

They make nice pop/rap music, it's nice to listen to and is surprisingly refershing in this age of monotonous indie, stale r n b and uninspiring dance music. They know they're not going to be legends, leave them alone, I'm sure they're all good lads.
hattori
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Andrew_S)
Appreciate them for what they are doing, they know they're not the best, they don't take themselves seriously, they're just having fun. For that you've got to say, fair do's, you guys had no real job prospects but then you happened to make a garage record which brought you exposure, you're pretty lucky really. Let them enjoy their limelight whilst they still can. At least they don't put on phony American accents as many UK acts do to sound more mainstream and acceptable.

They make nice pop/rap music, it's nice to listen to and is surprisingly refershing in this age of monotonous indie, stale r n b and uninspiring dance music. They know they're not going to be legends, leave them alone, I'm sure they're all good lads.
When I think pop/rap I think of Ja Rule not Blazin Squad they are just pop in costume!! What they are doing is making very poor music that sells. God knows why it sells, but I guess if you have enough marketing, jump on the right band wagons (so solid, the rise of urban music) and get on the right tv shows you will sell. Especially if a bunch of 12 year olds think you're band is cool. The Blazin Squad are the exact opposite of what real hiphop and rnb is about. And they fake everything that the crediable urban acts do, but then again I don't think I'll ever see Eminem, Dr Dre and 50cent dance in formation quite like the blazin squad.

That's basically why I hate the blazin squad. I don't hate them for making money and selling records but I just don't like the marketing element to the whole thing. Why the hell can't they just dress up for like Boyzone or something.

Blue do they pop urban thing and do alot of covers. I respect them. Not in the same way I respect Amy Whinehouse or Kelis but atleast Blue do it with some style. Blazin Squad just humiliate themselves.

They are just music industry pawns and get way too much respect.

Seriously, if you think Blain Squad is 'refreshing' then you need to expand the amount and types of music you listen to.

And another reason I hate them is because they are the first ever famous scallies. A scally is just a prat who thinks he's hard because he does a fake jamaican accent and thought Ali G was a documentary. And this isn't coming from some grunger who calls people townies, I genuinely love the genuine urban music scene, I just don't like prats no matter what guise they are in.
Tina
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
ughhhh they are so crap.....think so much of themselves....and theyres so many of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant stand them at all...their songs have no meanings whatsoever!
Moochy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
omg that band are soooooo crap.
they cant sing, have no talent and are a bunch of immature little twits.
i think they're terrible and shud be shot.

sorry for rant but i h8 em.
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
They can't even mime well.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
****-Knocks.

Like 'So solid' but without the 'crew' on the end, 'squad' isnt as ghetto.
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
blazing squad are awful. it is now an insult i use to describe a bunch of townies at my sixth form
They visited to my sister sixth form...
*dave*
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Blazin' Squad are a joke. They limp around thinking they are it when they are just a bunch of townies. To even call it music is an insult ... Theyre trying to fill in the 'manufactured hard boys' niche, but its just hopeless.

Dizzee Rascall is just as bad. 'Talking from the street' HA! Its all just a farce. They all try and speak a language that noone understands, and they think they look cool. They are a hopeless joke.
^mjg^
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
why did i steal my avatar dave?
material breach
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
lol the person who said they were awful with a rowan kettings picture in his sig.

oh and blazin squad is yet another example of the music industry giving us an awful band packaged as "bad". and if they have any money why dont they get rid of the dodgy tracksuits and get a decent producter, even then they would still be stuffed as they dont actually have an talent
^mjg^
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Speciez99)
lol the person who said they were awful with a rowan kettings picture in his sig.

oh and blazin squad is yet another example of the music industry giving us an awful band packaged as "bad". and if they have any money why dont they get rid of the dodgy tracksuits and get a decent producter, even then they would still be stuffed as they dont actually have an talent
the ol' dirty geezers da best producas in UK produce their beats.
jediknight007
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
They are just THUGS! If I were to check their criminal records, I wouldn't be surprised to find cautions for robbery or GBH.

Anyways, why do bands (more like groups since they can't sing) like Blazin' Squad and So Solid Crew have like up to 20 members? Are they trying to act hard or something? They probably used to go round in large groups looking for fights and mugging people's mobile phones and then use the music industry as a way to escape.

If I could, I would just love to go and beat the crap out of all of them.
Andrew_S
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by hattori)
When I think pop/rap I think of Ja Rule not Blazin Squad they are just pop in costume!! What they are doing is making very poor music that sells. God knows why it sells, but I guess if you have enough marketing, jump on the right band wagons (so solid, the rise of urban music) and get on the right tv shows you will sell. Especially if a bunch of 12 year olds think you're band is cool. The Blazin Squad are the exact opposite of what real hiphop and rnb is about. And they fake everything that the crediable urban acts do, but then again I don't think I'll ever see Eminem, Dr Dre and 50cent dance in formation quite like the blazin squad.

That's basically why I hate the blazin squad. I don't hate them for making money and selling records but I just don't like the marketing element to the whole thing. Why the hell can't they just dress up for like Boyzone or something.

Blue do they pop urban thing and do alot of covers. I respect them. Not in the same way I respect Amy Whinehouse or Kelis but atleast Blue do it with some style. Blazin Squad just humiliate themselves.

They are just music industry pawns and get way too much respect.

Seriously, if you think Blain Squad is 'refreshing' then you need to expand the amount and types of music you listen to.

And another reason I hate them is because they are the first ever famous scallies. A scally is just a prat who thinks he's hard because he does a fake jamaican accent and thought Ali G was a documentary. And this isn't coming from some grunger who calls people townies, I genuinely love the genuine urban music scene, I just don't like prats no matter what guise they are in.
Your basic argument about their marketing is why I like them, they're just having a laugh and not taking themselves seriously. You don't see them promoting gun violence and how hard they are, you see them on CDK and other kiddie shows giving interviews. They went bowling with a competition winner, wow they must really think they're street and hard. They don't think they are real hiphop, if you think that then you're foolish, remember they started off as a garage act and then got signed, they didn't work too hard, they know they're not the best, just let them enjoy themselves. Their style has simply matured. To be honest compared to Blues boring generic pop r'n'b, the blazin squad do sound refreshing. What other uk hip hop groups are there, and how many have such polished production?? None ... not saying they're good rappers though, but they are standard, they can rap and they can sing to a certain degree, enough to make a decent record.

Saying you respect Blue made me realise how stupid you must be, yeah they're well not manufactured, idiot.

Clearly your hatred towards the blazin squad is purely aesthetic. You don't like scallies, and thus your whole view of them is shrouded by this discrimanatory stance.

If the Blazin squad said they were the future of British rap, that they were the best rappers out there then you'd have a case to hate them. Unfortunately for you they haven't, so why hate for hate's sake. they're having a laugh, let them.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (65)
18.95%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.87%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.96%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.21%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.99%
Speak to current students studying my course (79)
23.03%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.79%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.5%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.33%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.75%

Watched Threads