Turn on thread page Beta

not if you were the last man on earth watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ok so it's the end of the world, one man one woman, they mate to 'save mankind'. Now what? It'll be a while before they have another child, so what do they do? wait, even then it'll be a good 16 years before the child is ready to have a child. and what do they do if the have say 3 daughters in a row, does they dad sex them for the sake of mankind, and even if they happen to have a son and a daughter, and sexing is incestuous and will ultimately lead to children with severe health problems.

ReputationRep:
    mIm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devilbunny)
    ok so it's the end of the world, one man one woman, they mate to 'save mankind'. Now what? It'll be a while before they have another child, so what do they do? wait, even then it'll be a good 16 years before the child is ready to have a child. and what do they do if the have say 3 daughters in a row, does they dad sex them for the sake of mankind, and even if they happen to have a son and a daughter, and sexing is incestuous and will ultimately lead to children with severe health problems.
    Turn to the animals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HearTheThunder)
    Turn to the animals.
    last time I checked humans couldn't impregnate animals
    plus it's the end of the world, no animals left

ReputationRep:
    devilbunny, not all societies class incestuous relationships as 'abnormal'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xanthe)
    devilbunny, not all societies class incestuous relationships as 'abnormal'.
    I'm not saying that it is abnormal, but the health risk of an entire new race (that's not the right word, but I can't think of the right one) based on in breeding and incestuous relationships would ultimatley end up with extreme medical complications

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying that it is abnormal, but the health risk of an entire new race (that's not the right word, but I can't think of the right one) based on in breeding and incestuous relationships would ultimatley end up with extreme medical complications
    I'm not not entirely sure whether they would end up with 'extreme' medical complications, but there is a risk the children might be born with deformaties. Having said that, the risk would still be worth taking if they were to take any chance of saving mankind. It doesn't mean the children will be born with medical complications for sure, just means there's a greater risk of it occuring than if the child was born to un-related parents.

ReputationRep:
    That makes the myth about Adam and Eve totally false :eek:. Atheists its time for joy.

ReputationRep:
    you think waaaay too much about this! :p:

--------------

(Original post by Nuheen)
    That makes the myth about Adam and Eve totally false :eek:. Atheists its time for joy.
    :party: yay!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not not entirely sure whether they would end up with 'extreme' medical complications, but there is a risk the children might be born with deformaties. Having said that, the risk would still be worth taking if they were to take any chance of saving mankind. It doesn't mean the children will be born with medical complications for sure, just means there's a greater risk of it occuring than if the child was born to un-related parents.
    well, there is an extremely high risk of pedigree Dalmations tat go deaf due to the very small gene pool from which they are bred. I would imagine that there would be similiar problems with humans down the line

ReputationRep:
    We are actually genetically programmed to find members of our immediate family unnattractive.

Personally Id spend the rest of my days w*nking.

Why would you want to save the human race?

ReputationRep:
    well, there is an extremely high risk of pedigree Dalmations tat go deaf due to the very small gene pool from which they are bred. I would imagine that there would be similiar problems with humans down the line
    What's Pedigree Dalmation? :confused:

And being deaf is hardly a serious medical condition. In addition, if the child was born deaf it doesn't automatically mean their own child will be born deaf.

ReputationRep:
    What's Pedigree Dalmation? :confused:

And being deaf is hardly a serious medical condition. In addition, if the child was born deaf it doesn't automatically mean their own child will be born deaf.
    pure bred dalmations

Am I spelling it wrong? you know the dogs

ReputationRep:
    A dalmation who is the puppy of two dalmations.
    Being deaf is an evolutionary disadvantage.
    In fact in a world where there is just one other human, it is an enormous disadvantage.
    Obtaining food, staying safe and communication would be nigh on impossible.

ReputationRep:
    pure bred dalmations

Am I spelling it wrong? you know the dogs
    Ahh, yes. Okay. But ultimately the need to save the human risk outweighs the risks involved in trying to do it. That's what I think anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh, yes. Okay. But ultimately the need to save the human risk outweighs the risks involved in trying to do it. That's what I think anyway.
    I know I am skating on the thinnest ice ever, butwith the time scale and long term complications I'm not sure it would be

ReputationRep:
    Being born deaf doesn't make many things 'impossible'.

If the parents taught the deaf child everything the child needed to know, it wouldn't be a huge problem. If there's only a few humans around s/he is hardly going to get in to much trouble. You'd be surprised if you knew how easily deaf people can get on with their lives with out much trouble.

ReputationRep:
    Being born deaf doesn't make many things 'impossible'.

If the parents taught the deaf child everything the child needed to know, it wouldn't be a huge problem. If there's only a few humans around s/he is hardly going to get in to much trouble. You'd be surprised if you knew how easily deaf people can get on with their lives with out much trouble.
    but the first deaf child would be a real struggle, I know we are into ridiculously far fetched territory but two parents who re the only 2 people in the world would have great difficulty in coping with a deaf child I imagine

ReputationRep:
    The parents wouldnt know sign language.
    Theyd have to invent their own, or more likely rely on non verbal forms of communication (body language).

The thing is there is no civilisation.
    No wider world.
    You have to fend for yourself.

I reckon the UK is just about the safest place on earth in such a situation.
    Anywhere with animals with the balls to attack humans would be dangerous.

Edit; This thread is rediculous and has too many what ifs.

ReputationRep:
    There is nothing wrong with relying on body language, I can say from my own experience that it's not a disadvantage. Speaking of there being no civilisation, there is a programme called 'Lost' where people are stuck on an island and they seem to be coping fine. Although some of them did resort to cannibalism, I think...

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.