BIOLOGY Teachers Watch

nayanayan
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
This sound really strange, but is it me, or is there no such thing as a really good, helpful, funny yet not boring biology teacher who teaches A Level. I've had so many, but I just can't seem to find any which are good. It's like they have no lives or their own, and are soooo boring. Wouldn't want to generalise now would we, but just wanted to know about everyone elses experiences. lol. Thanks. :rolleyes:
Akhoza
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My chem teacher is so boring plus hes a complete wa**er with his sarcy comments hope he doesnt get his pension :p:
DartsOfPleasure
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I actually love all my teachers apart from my Product Design one. He's a little cocky and up him self. My favourite is my chemistry teacher - he is such a joker but goes at a really good pace
sa05
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My biology teacher is super cool. He's young and a good laugh. He used to blow bubbles in the science museum LOL He's a safe guy, so there are some good biology teachers out there. The only thing is, he lacks teaching experience (he's a fresh teacher I think) so his biological knowledge isn't great - he just consults the textboook or consult the head of biology and gets back to us next lesson hehe
packupthemoon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have a great biology teacher!

He does things like randomly doing a handstand to see if gravity affects whether you have to force expiration or juggling the hearts we're meant to be dissecting...apparently if we do well in our Jan exams he'll do a backflip :p:

He's also really knowledgable, especially about human biology (He took Human Sciences at Oxford). We often seem to end up disscussing some random totally-off-syllabus topics, which is always interesting.

All my teachers are great, actually. Except the new 'Textiles' Textiles teacher (I also have an 'Art' Textiles teacher...) who isn't very experienced and is much more industry and D&T Textiles-ish. Which is annoying. She also hates me :rolleyes:
Syntax
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
We've had a multitude of Bio teachers so, uhm, first one was really strict but a good teacher, then she went on maternity leave. Then there was a South African who was absolutely hilarious but taught us bugger all. For this term we had two - a nice one, and an utter moron. When I say moron, I don't exaggerate at all - he couldn't remember the names of the bases of DNA, the formula for respiration, can't do calculations... he basically knows nothing. When asked a question, which he invariably doesn't know the answer to, he just stares at his shoes and ignores us. But he's leaving so we're getting another South African teacher.. who will hopefully be an improvement (although that wouldn't take much)
Al-farhan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
physics teachers are much worse we have a physics teacher that is so boring one lesson with him can cure insomnia he is also the most arrogant person know he belives he hs knows all knowlege in the world if anyone dosen't agree with him he call the person a donkey, and for some reason he hates my guts, every time i'm in class he asks me questions that are nothing to do with our lesson.
what he teaches is even not in the sheme of work
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 13 years ago
My English teacher sends me to sleep, I always feel tired during that listen eventhough before I get there I am usually lively and nto tired at all.
StyleLover
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
dude, you should check my former chemistry tutor!! I hate him from the core of my heart and he's the one responsible for our poor grades in jan!! All my class did in every other unit except for chemistry.. We thought he knew his subject, but duh!!
silent ninja
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
In my experience, physics teachers have been the biggest culprit in hindering interest and learning in Physics. Such a wonderful subject made boring, tedious and uninspiring. My GCSE days were attrocious and I'm still recovering.
Candy_Shop
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
From my expierience there is no such thing as a really good, helpful, funny yet not boring biology teacher who teaches A Level.
ninetails
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
my chem teacher is exactly like that guy from south park who always says m'kay
basically hes an *******
Simba
Badges: 15
Report 13 years ago
Quite a few of my teachers are boring, but my biology teacher is definitely not... he's great :p: !
lil groovy dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
PHYSICS! Without a doubt! :motz:
moojoo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
One of my Bio teachers was amazing!
nayanayan
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by moojoo)
One of my Bio teachers was amazing!
seems like theres nolame media and drama teachers, why do you think that is? Cause they've got lives!!!
PennyRoyalTea
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by nayanayan)
This sound really strange, but is it me, or is there no such thing as a really good, helpful, funny yet not boring biology teacher who teaches A Level.
From personal experiences it appears not..
brimstone
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My Media teacher is crap...
heminder
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
G****** S******
Helen_w
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
One of my psychology teachers. She has this way of making the entire class fall into a trance in her lessons :boring: :sleep:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Derby
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evening - Derby Campus Postgraduate
    Tue, 22 Jan '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon - Frenchay Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19
  • University of East London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Jan '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1491)
79.6%
Leave (382)
20.4%

Watched Threads