Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who has gotten a offer/rejection so far? What subject?

They told us not to email or phone about decisions.
    Has anyone been so brave as to bend the rules a little?

ReputationRep:
    Some people have heard for English (see offers thread). But if you're an applicant and you haven't, presumably they haven't sent out all the subject offers yet?

ReputationRep:
    But i want to know NOW

ReputationRep:
    I feel ya.

ReputationRep:
    Things is I'm going on holidays tuesday morning so If it doesn't arrive on Monday it seems like I'll never know.....

how hard can it be to email offers? come on!!!

ReputationRep:
    I applied to St. Anne's too, they are not the fastest, period. I have heard nothing. Oh and Medics are not supposed to hear from them until earliest mid next week. So I'm still biding my time... please God help me...

ReputationRep:
    @ The Tramp & Theodora:
    Which subjects did u 2 apply for at St Annes? I also applied to St Annes and still haven't heard anything from them. I know there've been a few ppl rejected for English. I thought all colleges have sent out their decision letters already. Are they still working next week? Arr... I'm so so nervous. If I don't get the letter 2morrow, I may go and fone them (could I have enough courage???)

ReputationRep:
    I applied for law. What about you? As far as I know English, Languages and Classics have heard so far. Come on Monday, hurry up!

I might call if other law applicants have heard and I'm still waiting.

"well tramp you DID have an offer BEFORE you called but your impatience and defiance of simple written rules have made us decide to revoke it. Please ignore your acceptance letter in the post. We'll send your rejection 1st class this evening. Thanks for your call."

ReputationRep:
    Medicine

Don't have the guts to phone them up - just don't wanna find out over the phone... or whilst at school... what if I burst into tears?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Tramp)
    I applied for law. What about you? As far as I know English, Languages and Classics have heard so far. Come on Monday, hurry up!

I might call if other law applicants have heard and I'm still waiting.

"well tramp you DID have an offer BEFORE you called but your impatience and defiance of simple written rules have made us decide to revoke it. Please ignore your acceptance letter in the post. We'll send your rejection 1st class this evening. Thanks for your call."
    I applied for Econs and Management, so we must have been there at the same time . So far, I haven't known anyone admitted for E&M yet. Today's Monday. But guess the post hasn't arrived yet. Arr... then Tuesday it should be.

Well, how about this:
    "Well Abagnale, we decided not to give u an offer. But because u've called, which clearly and persuasively indicates ur personal passion for Oxford and ur courage in breaking the laws. So we've made up our mind to revoke our rejection. Pls ignore it in the post. You will get ur acceptance letter very soon this week. Thank you for ur call. See u again in September." :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was rejected for English.
    Just a hunch but maybe it's a good sign if it hasn't arrived yet?
    Whatever you do don't call them up or anything. Be patient. The decision is on its way to you so there's not much else you can do but wait. Go the gym or something- works for me!
    Good luck everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear that :/ Did your letter come today or last week?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks it's fine.
    It came on Friday- I think all the English rejections came that day because a couple of other people I know got them then also.
    I am guessing you are waiting to hear.

ReputationRep:
    Abagnale, did you hear any Irish people shouting loudly during your interviews?

ReputationRep:
    to the tramp: by any chance are you j? :-)

ReputationRep:
    shhhhhhhhhh
    edit your post so that no-one knows who I am....

ReputationRep:
    have u heard anything from the uni? i've had nothing.....classics have heard though....maybe tomorrow. good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Tramp)
    Abagnale, did you hear any Irish people shouting loudly during your interviews?
    In fact, to me, an Irish shouting sounds just the same as a British talking :rolleyes: . So perhaps I didn't notice it

Yeah, I've finally decided not to fone them. I've learnt to become much more patient in the last 2 weeks, perhaps thanks to Sudoku :p: Yet I really don't want a rejection letter on Xmas day . Better let me know now!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Abagnale, Dunno if you know who I am but i was at the st annes law interviews too!! god its so hard waiting to hear!! especially as all my friends are hearing their decisions on other subjects at oxf/camb.....i want my letter!!!!!!!!!!! but then again....no news is good news!!!!!

i think....... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    The Tramp: did you have interviews anywhere else too?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.