Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Erm...

Potential doctors > doctors...

It's a big inequality...
Ahh yes, but you are forgetting potential doctors from other countries, being imported in by the government to make up the shortfal. So an indeterminate variable-k to make Potential doctors + k = doctors.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
So, will you be using googleadsense adverts for some extra dosh from your site? You could easily make £50 from 10 clicks per day per month.
Do they actually pay that much? It seems a lot of money to me. I may consider some kind of advertising as I probably will need to change hosts if people use the forum.
TK
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
i'm lovin the popularity of my pins and needles thread lol
GH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Do they actually pay that much? It seems a lot of money to me. I may consider some kind of advertising as I probably will need to change hosts if people use the forum.
They pay 20p-£1. And a forum gets easily 10 clicks per day. So roughly £50 per month based on minimal clicking.

This site probably makes £100+ per month. Just look at the amount of users! And guests...
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
They pay 20p-£1. And a forum gets easily 10 clicks per day. So roughly £50 per month based on minimal clicking.

This site probably makes £100+ per month. Just look at the amount of users! And guests...
The thing is though the click rate is supposed to be less than 1 in 100 now. This is why a lot of sites like studentuk.com are going bust. I think this site makes money because it is sponsered by D's course work company so he hopes people will click on his link.
GH
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
The thing is though the click rate is supposed to be less than 1 in 100 now. This is why a lot of sites like studentuk.com are going bust. I think this site makes money because it is sponsered by D's course work company so he hopes people will click on his link.
At least it is better than nothing...
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by 2776)
At least it is better than nothing...
Yep it is indeed. Thanks for the suggestion.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Kurdt Morello)
has anyone ever slept on top of their arm and when they wake up it is limp because of lack of blood supply! that was so scary the first time i almost wept!
I've sat on my foot for too long, and have had it go really numb. One time, I tried to get up, but not being able to feel my foot, it turned on the side, and I almost fell over.
I've also slept on my arm before. Also, once, I was playing netball, and someone wacked me on the arm, and it felt like I had a very bad, and longer lasting pain of sleeping on my arm. The aching was not very nice.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.12%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.11%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.02%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.45%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
21.94%
Speak to current students studying my course (69)
21.63%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.08%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.76%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.51%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.88%

Watched Threads