Doctor Who - Episode 7 - A Good Man Goes to War - 04/06/2011 no future spoilers Watch

Poll: How do you rate this episode?
Excellent (91)
65%
Good (34)
24.29%
Poor (11)
7.86%
Awful (4)
2.86%
sleekchic
Badges: 3
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Doctor Who: A Good Man Goes to War
Saturday 04th June 2011, 06:40pm on BBC ONE Mid Series Finale

Synopsis
Spoiler:
Show
Amy Pond has been kidnapped and the Doctor is raising an army to rescue her as the drama continues. But as he and Rory race across galaxies, calling in long-held debts and solemnly given promises, his enemies are laying a carefully concealed trap.

In her cell in Stormcage, River Song sadly acknowledges that the time has come at last – today will mark the Battle of Demons Run and the Doctor's darkest hour. Both sides will make their sacrifices and River Song must finally reveal her most closely guarded secret to the Doctor

SFX Teasers:
Spoiler:
Show
1 It is amazing – a true five-star episode

2 There are lots of spaceships – and that’s just in the teaser

3 There is a very Star Wars feel (The Empire Strikes Back especially) even down to the shape of the windows and the music

4 It’s action-packed and feels so much more epic than a usual single parter

5 There are lots of suprise guests stars (and some will be a surprise) but unlike in “The Pandorica Opens” none of them feels wasted – they all have a chance to shine…

6 …Apart from one maybe

7 It cracks along at a hell of a pace

8 There are some revelations that really will make your jaw drop

9 There is a terrific battle scene at the end (which more than makes up for a slightly underwhelming and confusingly directed one in the first half)

10 Although there’s lots of time travelling, it’s not a timey-whimey-reliant plot.

11 The Doctor produces something very revealing from the TARDIS

12 Rory says something very funny to an old enemy that you can’t believe has never been said before

13 It’s a great episode for both Rory and Amy (and Matt Smith is as brilliant as ever, especially in a sudden, unexpected emotional moment)

14 A throwaway line from last season becomes a major plot device

15 Somebody is asked to make a donation

16 Somebody very unexpected is playing doctors and nurses

17 We get to see somebody’s muff

18 Rory is definitely cool

19 Look carefully at the monitor screens…

20 …And the corridors

21 And please, please, please, if anyone has leaked the title for the next episode onto the internet, avoid the temptation to check it out. When the caption comes up at the end, “The Doctor Will Be Back In…” it was so unexpected and made us grin so much, we’d hate you to miss having the same experience…

DigitalSpy teasers:
Spoiler:
Show
1. Remember not to interact with the headless monks (without divine permission)

2. "Oh turn it off. I'm breaking in, not out!"

3. The Doctor calls on favours from a number of familiar faces

4. "They don't put up a balloon or anything!"

5. A line from a previous episode takes on a new significance.

6. "****** ******** is a geography teacher, ****** **** is a superhero"

7. Sontarans can produce a tasty drink.

8. Rory: "That's probably enough ******* now"

9. River Song's true identity is revealed in the episode's final moments.

10. The (frankly brilliant) title to episode eight is revealed before the end credits roll.

Trailer:

Trailer 2

Preview Clip 1

Preview Clip 2

Prequel to episode 7

WARNING: Please refrain from posting about future episodes of Dr Who. Speculation about the future belongs in this thread.

Remember that this is the mid-series finale before the three month long break. Enjoy
sleekchic
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
The only thing that saddens me about this episode is that it's the last one for 3 months. I can't wait 3 months. It's cruel. :emo:
It's really cruel.

Imagine waiting for Christmas Eve, being really excited for Christmas day an then being stuck in a time loop for ages and being forced to relieve that day over and over again.
Oncoming Storm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
The only thing that saddens me about this episode is that it's the last one for 3 months. I can't wait 3 months. It's cruel. :emo:
If I die from the torture of waiting for those 3 months, my gravestone will say.
*shakes fist* MOFFAAAAAT!

Can't wait for this episode. I'm so excited. I might strategically lose my fencing competition tomorrow just so I can get to the hotel in time for Dr Who...:lol:
Oncoming Storm
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
It's really cruel.

Imagine waiting for Christmas Eve, being really excited for Christmas day an then being stuck in a time loop for ages and being forced to relieve that day over and over again.
All my presents would be in the house, I'd just open them and find out what they are after the first dozen or so repetitions. Would also go and commit various crimes, knowing it would all be erased later.
sleekchic
Prequel to episode 7

sheep_go_baa
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I need to go shopping and find the perfect tub of ice cream for the finale \o/
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I can't wait! My parents are going to the cinema and said I'm said for not going so I can stay in and watch Doctor Who :').
Yoghurt
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I probably won't be able to watch it straight away, due to my family and gf wanting to watch the BGT final. Grrrr!!!
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't think I'll be watching it on the night either, as friends are having a flat warming party and one of my friends is coming down from Birmingham, so we'll most likely be spending the day together and then go to the party.

I fully imagine about 1000 posts in the discussion thread when I do eventually watch it! No doubt I'll end up reading them all :p:
Yoghurt
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by xKTx)
I don't think I'll be watching it on the night either, as friends are having a flat warming party and one of my friends is coming down from Birmingham, so we'll most likely be spending the day together and then go to the party.

I fully imagine about 1000 posts in the discussion thread when I do eventually watch it! No doubt I'll end up reading them all :p:
I very rarely get to come onto the internet till Sunday, usually means i spend about an hour+ just trying to catch up!! Sometimes people are posting new posts faster than I can read the old ones!
rmhumphries
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Have a bowling competition, so won't be able to watch it until Sunday.
sleekchic
Combom's 20 things about the episode. A few of them are false:

Spoiler:
Show
Demons run when a good man goes to war.
Dorium Maldavar and River Song are back in 613.
Colonel Manton wants the Doctor dead, and he unveils a Headless Monk.
A terrific battle scene at the end.
A line from last season becomes very important.
Night will fall and drown the sun. Darkness will rise.
Sontarans, Judoon, Silurians, and Cybermen return; but they aren't the only monsters.
"And now they're bigger, Amy."
When you gaze upon the Headless Monks, you die, combust, and quote Monty Python. Not necessarily in that order.
Melody, a broken man in a broken dream?
Jen then Jenny?
River Song knows what colour the Doctor's underpants are.
River's birthday trip to 1888 London ends with a Roman in Stormcage.
The rules of engagement, float like a butterfly, sting like a bee.
This is it, this is the day he finds out who I am.
The Headless Monks plan to imprison Melody.
What a Noble cameo!
It's all a carefully concealed trap for the Doctor.
River isn't the Rani, but someone else might be . . .
Is Demons Run the Delirium Archive?
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Woo, can't wait for this episode!
dunnicare
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
NOOOO! What are they going to put instead?
Gemini92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Torchwood and Sherlock will be airing in the 3 month gap. :coma:
Do you know if they're showing an episode of Torchwood a night like they did with Children of Earth, or is it one episode a week like the first two series?
Roshniroxy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Can't wait for tonights episode ahhhhh !
boba
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
might be trying to loose weight but I think I've be "saving" some calories for a Dr who snack. nom
boba
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
also AHHH
x-Saffire-x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I can not WAIT for this episode! Oh yeah! :awesome:
But I am not liking the 3 month hiatus as ALL! :mad: and I bet it ends with a huge cliffhanger. They love to keep us hanging...
sheep_go_baa
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
4 hours and 37 minutes :ahee:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (241)
14.83%
The paper was reasonable (907)
55.82%
Not feeling great about that exam... (357)
21.97%
It was TERRIBLE (120)
7.38%

Watched Threads