The Student Room Group

Your funeral Song?

Say you were to die tomorrow (God forbid) what song would you want played out at your funeral? would it be something cheerful to remember you by? maybe just your favourite song, maybe something sorrowful or maybe you'd go for the traditional hyms.

I'd say mine would be The Calling - Wherever you will go, jus for the fact its a unreal tune, closely followed by glory glory tottenham hotspur lol.

What would yours be?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
too morbid - i'm 17
probably yackety yack :biggrin: or bob the builder :biggrin:
Reply 2
Everybody Hurts - REM!
then summit rly nice!
Aerosmith - I don't wanna miss a thing :smile:
Reply 4
I think I would be an aquade sod and make everybody listen to a Joy Divsion song. Love Will Tear Us Apart would be too obvious (the words are even written on Ian Curtis's grave stone) maybe New Dawn Fades by Joy Divisin would be a good choice.
Reply 5
Woodsy
Say you were to die tomorrow (God forbid) what song would you want played out at your funeral? would it be something cheerful to remember you by? maybe just your favourite song, maybe something sorrowful or maybe you'd go for the traditional hyms.

I'd say mine would be The Calling - Wherever you will go, jus for the fact its a unreal tune, closely followed by glory glory tottenham hotspur lol.

What would yours be?

"Build me up buttercup" by the Foundations
and the Sanctus from Faure's Requiem. I reckon. Although if I were to go for something a little more grand, Mozart's Requiem. The WHOLE THING. Awesome.
Reply 6
System of a Down - Bounce
slightly...but i'm tired...and i'm going to get my beauty sleep, night everyone xxxx
Reply 8
Beatles - Let It Be.
Reply 9
Beastie Boys - Alive
Reply 10
Coolio - Gangstas Paradise :biggrin:
Reply 11
Beatles - In My Life
waiting2smile
slightly...but i'm tired...and i'm going to get my beauty sleep, night everyone xxxx

good night
Hmm, nothing too depressing I think. 'Sicut cervus' by Palestrina - beautiful! And maybe something other than classical too... erm... ooh yes, 'Fields of Gold' by Eva Cassidy.
Reply 14
Angels
MadNatSci
Hmm, nothing too depressing I think. 'Sicut cervus' by Palestrina - beautiful! And maybe something other than classical too... erm... ooh yes, 'Fields of Gold' by Eva Cassidy.

Ah, MadNatSci, read my quote about your ignorance of Elton John on the music thread.
Joey_Johns
Ah, MadNatSci, read my quote about your ignorance of Elton John on the music thread.

Post is read and replied to.:smile:
Reply 17
bay city rollers - bye bye baby :wink:

or maybe...

tpau - china in your hand

Adam
Reply 18
Woodsy

What would yours be?

i had a friend who played circle of life at his.....he died when he was twelve. i think maybe i would have someone play See the Sun, which is about a girl telling someone to get over death.....
Reply 19
Queen - Another One Bites the Dust

Latest

Trending

Trending