Report 17 years ago
Enigma - Return to Innocence
suspicious_fish
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
John Tavener - Song for Athene.
I'm singing it with 2 of my choirs at the moment and I LOVE it, it's so sad but it ends totally joyfully.
Ryoku
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by The_Barman)
I aint planned that far ahead....im still young and fit and got a long phospherous life ahead of me :-)
ohh, glowie
Ryoku
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
the original american pie by Don Maclean, followed by Foo Fighters Everlong
Acaila
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I decided a while ago I'd like No-one But You (Only The Good Die Young) by Queen. Perhaps a little egotistical, but hey, if you can't be egotistical at your own funeral when can you. That song does have a tendency to make me sniffle, I really love it. Also the finale of Les Miserables, emotional yet quite optimistic, and I can imagine everyone rolling their eyes at my obsession with it even in death.
txt_eva
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Woodsy)
Say you were to die tomorrow (God forbid) what song would you want played out at your funeral? would it be something cheerful to remember you by? maybe just your favourite song, maybe something sorrowful or maybe you'd go for the traditional hyms.
What would yours be?

Bright Eyes. The orginal one from the orginal Watership Down (1978) sung by Sarah Brightman or Art Garfunkal (that version not them singing it of course).
Watership down is still the only film to make me cry.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Jeromiah was a Bullfrog

and

ONe way or anutha - Blondie

oldie but a goodie
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
God how could i forget this??

WE JUST MOVE ON -Chicago
and
NOWADAYS-Chicago.... Its good, isnt it grand? isnt it great? isnt it swell ? isnt it? Nowadays.
alocin
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Maybe "Driftwood" by Travis, I love Bright Eyes but even just listening to the song makes me teary so that's just a little too sad.
priya
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i have several songs that need playing

REM- everybody hurts
Aerosmith- don't wanna miss a thing
evanescence- my immortal
and then my best friends (who are fantastic singers) to sing Goodbye, by the spice girls

ooh and maybe the opening song from*Into the Woods* seeing as doing that production was possibly THE highlight of my life
Zapsta
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Beegees - Staying Alive.
Mr Brightside
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Can't believe this thread has been brought back from the dead. Months ago when I started it, someone dug it out. Anyway... keep the replies coming.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Zapsta)
Beegees - Staying Alive.
My dads friend is a funeral director. I kid you not, someone had that song played at their funeral.
happysunshine
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I don't want a funeral. Just a celebration which there should be no coffin involved. And then burial on one of those green grave yards

I'd just want my favourite tacky songs played. No sad songs, that's pretty sick.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Chopin's Funeral March,
and
Steps - 5, 6, 7, 8.
waiting2smile
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by waiting2smile)
Aerosmith - I don't wanna miss a thing
I would hope everyone would sing it
lilsunflower
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Oh no... I've only been to one funeral before and I wouldn't wanna play a song in case people get real upset..

I heard "Eagles Wings" which is some Christian song. It was coz' one of my seniors had internal bleeding in her brain and just fell down dead during PE... she didn't even know that she was gonna die. Wait.. she didn't die first, she was comatose and then they switched off life support.

Since then, whenever I hear that song it makes me awfully sad because her entire college class sang it for her.
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
'A Song For You' by the Carpenters....

I love you in a place where there's no space or time
I love you for in my life you are a friend of mine
And when my life is over
Remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singing this song for you
starry
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Fluffy)
'A Song For You' by the Carpenters....

I love you in a place where there's no space or time
I love you for in my life you are a friend of mine
And when my life is over
Remember when we were together
We were alone and I was singing this song for you
I remember that song!
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by lilsunflower)
Oh no... I've only been to one funeral before and I wouldn't wanna play a song in case people get real upset..

I heard "Eagles Wings" which is some Christian song. It was coz' one of my seniors had internal bleeding in her brain and just fell down dead during PE... she didn't even know that she was gonna die. Wait.. she didn't die first, she was comatose and then they switched off life support.

Since then, whenever I hear that song it makes me awfully sad because her entire college class sang it for her.
Ahh - 'On Eagles Wings' - a truly beautiful and meaningful hymn. Taken from the Book of Isaiah 40:31 the words are very uplifting actually and give comfort to mourners although the melody is very poignant.

Another lovely hymn is 'Here I am Lord' which I think is appropriate for a funeral although it is not usually sung at funerals but the words are simple and trusting.

I would love to be accompanied to my grave (how morbid!) by a New Orleans jazz band giving full rip to 'Oh when the saints go marching in'!!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (210)
42.94%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (75)
15.34%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (196)
40.08%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (8)
1.64%

Watched Threads