The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Ultimate St Andrews Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
As a postgrad in DRA self catered, is it possible to occasionally eat some of the catered meals at DRA?

How much would it cost?
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 1781
I still haven't received any information about what accommodation I'm in, is that normal? Thanks.
Original post by bk2uni
As a postgrad in DRA self catered, is it possible to occasionally eat some of the catered meals at DRA?

How much would it cost?

Have a look at this:
http://onlineshop.st-andrews.ac.uk/product-catalogue/university-services-and-facilities/accommodation/university-residences-guest-meals

Original post by Immyk
I still haven't received any information about what accommodation I'm in, is that normal? Thanks.

Completely normal :smile:
Reply 1784
Thanks for the info. more expensive than I thought it would be lol
Probably cheaper than eating out.

Looks like a ton of A level kids got their accommodation offers yesterday and today.

Don't forget- room number is on your bank letter or financial statement and all halls have Facebook groups. If you are in a shared room you can usually find your roommate by sharing your room number there.
Reply 1786
I'm an English A Level student but have not yet received my offer of accommodation despite my offer becoming unconditional on the 17th. Should I be worried? Does this mean I have a smaller chance of getting my first choice accommodation?
What day are we meant to arrive at our halls?😊
Original post by ami13
I'm an English A Level student but have not yet received my offer of accommodation despite my offer becoming unconditional on the 17th. Should I be worried? Does this mean I have a smaller chance of getting my first choice accommodation?

I'm a higher student and got my accom offer about a week after my offer become unconditional and still didn't get my 1st choice accommodation :frown:
Original post by katherineeegrace
What day are we meant to arrive at our halls?😊

i think we're expected to arrive on the 9th or the 10th, but the earliest we can move in and get our keys is 10 am on the 9th i believe.
Reply 1790
I'm a postgrad about to start my MSc and I just received the entrance email a few days ago, and just applied for accommodation yesterday, is it likely that I will receive a place? If so, how long will it take to hear back?
I received my offer a few days ago for DRA. I'm a first year English student.
Original post by CB31
I'm a postgrad about to start my MSc and I just received the entrance email a few days ago, and just applied for accommodation yesterday, is it likely that I will receive a place? If so, how long will it take to hear back?

https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/accommodation/pg/

Are you from the UK/EU or outside of those? Overseas students get priority in uni accommodation (I guess maybe because it's harder to find a private place from further abroad). There's then a whole bunch of dates that if you responded by, give you further priority.

Based on you saying you only applied for accomodation yesterday, you've missed the 30 May/30 June deadlines. If you accepted your offer/paid your deposit by the 30 June deadline, you'll get priority over those who didn't. If you didn't I think you'll be at the bottom of the pile.

It's really hard to guess how many spaces there are in uni accommodation in a given year. Some years they have been massively over-subscribed and had to turn common rooms into temporary bedrooms, and some years they've had space for people who turn up in Freshers' week with nowhere to stay.

If it was me, I would wait until a week after I'd applied and if I didn't hear back I'd get on the phone (don't email, it's too easy for them to ignore) and ask them what the status is.
Hello all,

I got my accommodation offer last week on Wednesday. Since then I have worked my way through all the online martriculation, except for the section for paying the accommodation fee, as my accommodation fee hasn't been generated yet. How long does it usually take for the University to generate the fee so that I can finalise this part of the martriculation?

Also, is there something I have to do to make the fee generate? On the site it talks of setting up payment in installments or in full, but I have been assuming that setting that up comes after I've generated the fee. Am I correct in this, or do I need to be emailing the University to work that out?

Finally, as a UK student who'll be paying the accommodation fees from the UK maintenance loan do I count as self or externally funded? Evidently the money is originating with an external organisation but then the loan is put into my bank account before I pay the accommodation fee, so it seems ambiguous as to which I count as.

Thanks.
(edited 6 years ago)
Did you accept the offer?
Original post by MomofUSgirl
Did you accept the offer?

Do you mean me? Yes, I did. Straight after receiving it.
Original post by La Sinjoro
Hello all,

I got my accommodation offer last week on Wednesday. Since then I have worked my way through all the online martriculation, except for the section for paying the accommodation fee, as my accommodation fee hasn't been generated yet. How long does it usually take for the University to generate the fee so that I can finalise this part of the martriculation?

Also, is there something I have to do to make the fee generate? On the site it talks of setting up payment in installments or in full, but I have been assuming that setting that up comes after I've generated the fee. Am I correct in this, or do I need to be emailing the University to work that out?

Finally, as a UK student who'll be paying the accommodation fees from the UK maintenance loan do I count as self or externally funded? Evidently the money is originating with an external organisation but then the loan is put into my bank account before I pay the accommodation fee, so it seems ambiguous as to which I count as.

Thanks.

Afraid I don't know the answers to most of your questions, but I would recommend emailing studentfinance@ to ask them. What I do know is that you shouldn't stress about getting all the parts of online matriculation completed - plenty of people are still doing parts of it during freshers' week!
Original post by la_banane_verte
Afraid I don't know the answers to most of your questions, but I would recommend emailing studentfinance@ to ask them. What I do know is that you shouldn't stress about getting all the parts of online matriculation completed - plenty of people are still doing parts of it during freshers' week!

Thanks for your honesty. I have emailed them now.
Original post by emmakatemcc
I'm a higher student and got my accom offer about a week after my offer become unconditional and still didn't get my 1st choice accommodation :frown:

next to no one gets first choice accommodation... Not possible when everyone's first choice has no more than 200 places :P
Hey I just got my room code! Does 'LD...' for uni hall mean I'm on the mixed floor in the Lumsden building? And if it is mixed, are the bathrooms mixed?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending