Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Another myspace worm is about, I have just been hit with it myself.

My display name changed to "GoDoFNoOsE" or something stupid, just by viewing a friends profile (who also had it).

This is what got embedded in my TV section (and prosumably what's doing the damage):
    http://img224.imageshack.us/img224/2...ceowned9xk.jpg

Code:
    <embed allowScriptAccess="never"src="http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c322/IceKidneys/MySpace.swf" width="0" height="0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>
    I havn't looked at the swf yet, so I'm not responsable for what's on it viewed directly...

ReputationRep:
    open up the command prompt and type

netstat -an | find ":6667"

do this for ports 8080 and 113 also

get anything?

ReputationRep:
    swf = ?

My name changed to that too, so I just changed it back and logged out. Hopefully the problem will go away if I ignore it

ReputationRep:
    no one cares.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! I won't be able to read about other people's holidays! How will I be able to get through the days without seeing THOSE party photographs, where Big Dave has a TRAFFIC CONE on his HEAD? If I can't find out how my acquaintences are currently feeling through the expression of a smiley face, I MIGHT DIE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blackadder)
    swf = ?

My name changed to that too, so I just changed it back and logged out. Hopefully the problem will go away if I ignore it
    swf is just a file extension

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheesecakebobby)
    Oh no! I won't be able to read about other people's holidays! How will I be able to get through the days without seeing THOSE party photographs, where Big Dave has a TRAFFIC CONE on his HEAD? If I can't find out how my acquaintences are currently feeling through the expression of a smiley face, I MIGHT DIE.
    lol! :hahaha: :toofunny: :rofl: :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    open up the command prompt and type

netstat -an | find ":6667"

do this for ports 8080 and 113 also

get anything?
    for 113 I'm getting:
    UDP: 0.0.0.0:1134
    UDP: 0.0.0.0:1135

Nothing for anything else

swf = ?
    Used for Flash.

ReputationRep:
    lol you are probably infected.

ReputationRep:
    Myspace related, or just spyware?

I thought that the swf just triggered stuff to change your profile and add the swf into your own, not do something to your computer..

ReputationRep:
    the fact that it was showing an established connection... but when i re checked it was 0.0.0.0 [thought it was an ip, tiredness playing]

ReputationRep:
    -_-' :rolleyes:

Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sketchie)
    -_-' :rolleyes:

Ah well.
    if a real ip was showing it was established on those port ranges it ise highly likely ur computer got pwned and is remotely connected to a serverrrrrrrrr

me and swazzle2000 know all about it hehehe hahahsd hjkjhkjhkjk

i am so ****ing tired

ReputationRep:
    ...Wait a minute, so that was a virus and now my computer's infected?

(sorry, if the answer is obvious; I'm no computer whizz)

ReputationRep:
    nah doesnt mean anything.

i just asked him(to settle my curiosity) to check for outbound connections.... if you have an established connection it means ur computer is connected to a server which could mean it is being remotely controlled... THAT IS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****kkkkkkkkkkkk

ReputationRep:
    er...........*blank* ok.

That's good.

ReputationRep:
    We're all safe *Hopes*.

I prosume my first guess is right, the flash file in the "TV" section, is changing about 4 things, Display name, first name, last name, and of course the tv section either when you view someone elses profile, or they view yours (not sure)...

It might have changed more, but I havn't had a look through yet.

ReputationRep:
    myspace is so gay.

add me www.myspace.com/swazzle2000

haha :P

ReputationRep:
    So true swazzle, it's the gayest thing in the world.

But boredom leads to such things :'(.

I added you, though I'm not sure if you were joking about that :P.

ReputationRep:
    no, i'm there.. and you must live close to me if you go to stourbridge college.. i go to king eddiewards... i said that on your myspaz thing but we want all our fans on here to know too yay!

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.