This discussion is closed.
ceciliaxu
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
does anyone here know the strathclyde uni and it's intl markeiting master course?
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
went to the open day, i didn't really like it and decided not to apply. They seemed quite desperate as the admissions tutor practically took my name and said she'd give me an unconditional if i applied there without even seeing my ucas!
ceciliaxu
(Original post by iiikewldude)
went to the open day, i didn't really like it and decided not to apply. They seemed quite desperate as the admissions tutor practically took my name and said she'd give me an unconditional if i applied there without even seeing my ucas!
really? maybe you just look good
ceciliaxu
any other advices?
RosscoB
Report 17 years ago
Strathclyde generally is a very good uni. Speaking as a Glasgow Uni student, I can say that on the whole, the people I know who went to Strathclyde have enjoyed themselves far more, gained much more from the experience of student life and left with good degrees. While Glasgow probably has a slightly better reputation academically, I have found it to be completely up its own a*se, and many here agree with me. Strathclyde is, in my opinion, much more in-touch and down to earth. I know I'm generalising horribly, sorry.
As for the course you're referring to, I'm not sure. I do know that Strathclyde has a very high % of postgraduate students. I'm considering doing postgrad myself, and if I do I'll defo be going there.
Cheers!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (61)
19.12%
Virtual accommodation tour (45)
14.11%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (16)
5.02%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.94%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.45%
Taster lectures or seminars (70)
21.94%
Speak to current students studying my course (69)
21.63%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
4.08%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.76%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.51%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (5)
1.57%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.88%

Watched Threads