Help! strathclyde Uni.

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
ceciliaxu
Badges: 0
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 18 years ago
does anyone here know the strathclyde uni and it's intl markeiting master course?
iiikewldude
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
went to the open day, i didn't really like it and decided not to apply. They seemed quite desperate as the admissions tutor practically took my name and said she'd give me an unconditional if i applied there without even seeing my ucas!
ceciliaxu
(Original post by iiikewldude)
went to the open day, i didn't really like it and decided not to apply. They seemed quite desperate as the admissions tutor practically took my name and said she'd give me an unconditional if i applied there without even seeing my ucas!
really? maybe you just look good
ceciliaxu
any other advices?
RosscoB
Report 18 years ago
Strathclyde generally is a very good uni. Speaking as a Glasgow Uni student, I can say that on the whole, the people I know who went to Strathclyde have enjoyed themselves far more, gained much more from the experience of student life and left with good degrees. While Glasgow probably has a slightly better reputation academically, I have found it to be completely up its own a*se, and many here agree with me. Strathclyde is, in my opinion, much more in-touch and down to earth. I know I'm generalising horribly, sorry.
As for the course you're referring to, I'm not sure. I do know that Strathclyde has a very high % of postgraduate students. I'm considering doing postgrad myself, and if I do I'll defo be going there.
Cheers!
X
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (40)
27.78%
Take a gap year (23)
15.97%
Resit my exams (40)
27.78%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (19)
13.19%
I don't know yet (16)
11.11%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
4.17%

Watched Threads