This discussion is closed.
Naz1
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Can any one help me with my Maths statistic coursework: GOALS?
i need to hand it in next week.Please!
meepmeep
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Naz1)
Can any one help me with my Maths statistic coursework: GOALS?
i need to hand it in next week.Please!
What is it about then? And what have you done so far?
Naz1
(Original post by meepmeep)
What is it about then? And what have you done so far?
My task is to choose a ste of football reasults and analyse themand make judgements or comparisons. i.e. i need to find how many goals scored in the first half/ secound half, the attendance, what the weather was like...etc

I have so far got this seasons premiership reasults of Man-u & Arsenal games.
Phil_C
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Naz1)
My task is to choose a ste of football reasults and analyse themand make judgements or comparisons. i.e. i need to find how many goals scored in the first half/ secound half, the attendance, what the weather was like...etc

I have so far got this seasons premiership reasults of Man-u & Arsenal games.
www.ocr.org.uk
find your maths course, GCSE mathematics, sylabus A and look under publications and materials, scroll to student support section, two excel files 40 and 35K for download covering prem to div 3 first 5 weeks of games for both english and spanish leagues in oct 2002. Surprised your school didn;t tell you about them.

I start the same cwk tomorrow!
chrisf16
Report 17 years ago
i am doing the same coursework but a different topic, i have to fine the height and weight of people in differetn year groups and compare height and weight and see if age is a factor. I am currently stuck on histograms can you please help, Thanks,
Chris.
Naz1
(Original post by Phil_C)
http://www.uk-learning.net/go.cgi?u...=www.ocr.org.uk
find your maths course, GCSE mathematics, sylabus A and look under publications and materials, scroll to student support section, two excel files 40 and 35K for download covering prem to div 3 first 5 weeks of games for both english and spanish leagues in oct 2002. Surprised your school didn;t tell you about them.
Thanks your very helpful.
Phil_C
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by chrisf16)
i am doing the same coursework but a different topic, i have to fine the height and weight of people in differetn year groups and compare height and weight and see if age is a factor. I am currently stuck on histograms can you please help, Thanks,
Chris.
For histograms the frequency of your group is represented by area NOT height. so the height (known as frequency density) is found by dividing frequency by class width.

eg
Height Freq class width Freq Density
105 to 115 05 10 =5/10 = 0.5
115 to 125 12 10 =12/10 = 1.2
125 to 130 34 5 =34/5 = 6.8
130 to 135 38 5 =38/5 = 7.6
135 to 160 40 25 = 40/25 = 1.6

plot frequency density (y axis) vs height (x axis)

Obviously if your class widths are all the same size then the resulting chart looks very similar to a bar chart but Histograms allow for different class widths and bar charts should have gaps between the bars and are for use with discrete data only.

Phil
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (105)
43.75%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (39)
16.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (91)
37.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
2.08%

Watched Threads