Girls - Do You Prefer Guys With Curly or Straightened Hair?

Watch
Kiss
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I have naturally wavy/curly/frizzy hair, which is really annoying because It makes me feel as if the only way for me to look good is by straightening my hair, which is damaging and time consuming. Plus I'm not amazingly good at doing it.

Anyway, I just wanted to find out what people thought, and what you prefer.
lazyswot
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I like both. I love curly hair, although on guys it usually looks better if it's shorter, so you don't have huge hair. Straight looks good too though, although I don't usually like overstyled hair, so I wouldn't be attracted to someone who went mad with the hair gel, etc.

However, I knew a guy in high school with the biggest, curliest hair you've ever seen and he was very popular with the ladies. And there's Tim Minchin, who has naturally curly hair but when he straightens it he's hot as hell... *drools*

Just go with whatever you like and what suits you best, basically
TheCurlyHairedDude
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hey there ladies
DeadSouls
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
As long as it's not those short and tight corkscrew curls
outworn
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by DeadSouls)
As long as it's not those short and tight corkscrew curls
Cuuute. :hmmm:
TheHyacinthGirl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Keep it natural! Straightened hair never looks good on guys.
Rainbow_Ninja
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Curly hair is my weakness Stefan Abingdon and Robert Sheehan carry it so well :yep: ! Don't straighten it, it's true that some girls might refer to you as 'pubehead' [my friend's comment about my crush :mad:] but some girls do love it!
username388799
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rainbow_Ninja)
Curly hair is my weakness Stefan Abingdon and Robert Sheehan carry it so well :yep: ! Don't straighten it, it's true that some girls might refer to you as 'pubehead' [my friend's comment about my crush :mad:] but some girls do love it!
That hurts
Rainbow_Ninja
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Bourgeois)
That hurts
Sorry man, just repeating my friend's opinion
naommi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
straightened hair looks a bit odd on guys, and curls are sexy as long as you can mess them up
patsseh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
natural i guess, just look for a good hairtsyle thats gonna suit you
museobsessed
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Exhibit A:
NOBODY MOVE!
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
long wavy to curly hair = goooooood.
Luna.
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I cannot describe to you the love I feel for curly hair. Straighten it and feel my wrath!
misht
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My guy has curly hair and I love it!
Keep it natural, you clearly don't enjoy straightening it
elenii
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't straighten it, particularly since you're not keen on it. It's a bit too high-maintenance for a lot of girls. :P That said I do like short curly hair on guys. (:
bacforever3
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Its one of my few weaknesses.... curls are just... Its just one of those things I seek in everyone I meet lol... the others are red hair, green eyes/dark brown, freckles.... olive skin...

So if you are either mediterannean/african/eastern OR have freckles, ginger curls and green eyes.... message me :P
megan.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
i think it depends on the style of hair whether it looks good natural or straight
Just Josh
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Kiss,

I'm a guy and i have been straightening my hair for 3 years, it's the worst mistake I have ever made. Don't get into it!

People took the mick out of my curly hair in year 10 so i started straightening, just due to a lack of confidence because of it. then at the start of year 11, i got my hair permanantly straightened to save time.

Now i want to go back to curly hair again as i realise how sad it really has been, and i can't do so ! D: without shaving my head that is. Furthermore, everyone is so used to me having straightened hair now that if i go back to curly hair it would be like wow big transformation.

My girl and my friends love me the same no mattter what and it will only make people think your a wannabe or trying to fit in with people, even though many guys like myself did it because of confidence issues.

Keep it natural
Crazy Lady!!!
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
TBH i think straightened hair on guys looks a wee bit gay, i love curly hair on guys because as a girl my hair is naturally very culry so guys with curly hair put me at ease and make me feel as if i dont HAVE to straighten my hair which is nice because as you say it is time consuming and i cant reach all the hair at the back! go curly, most girls quite like it!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (130)
4.9%
Uncertainty around my education (394)
14.85%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (296)
11.15%
Lack of purpose or motivation (372)
14.02%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (121)
4.56%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (163)
6.14%
Loneliness (226)
8.52%
Financial worries (98)
3.69%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (109)
4.11%
Exposure to negative news/social media (121)
4.56%
Lack of real life entertainment (140)
5.28%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (232)
8.74%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (252)
9.5%

Watched Threads