shani123
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
what is it? and how do people know its a grade B, does it say on the day when we get our results? and will colleges except this as a GCSE.
many thanks,
shani123
TheFootyKing19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Its a pass or fail exam done electronically.
youngeN
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's a waste. It's not worth anything nor is it equivalent to a GCSE.

Basically it's a waste of time, although you may aswell do it since it's not hard at all.
shani123
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheFootyKing19)
Its a pass or fail exam done electronically.
ok thanks mate, so do u get a grade B in it and will it be on our edexcel result sheet
shani123
Rep:
?
(Original post by youngeN)
It's a waste. It's not worth anything nor is it equivalent to a GCSE.

Basically it's a waste of time, although you may aswell do it since it's not hard at all.
ok thanks mate, but why do people say its equal to a gcse then
youngeN
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by shani123)
ok thanks mate, but why do people say its equal to a gcse then
Teachers always say a load of rubbish. It may be a level 2 qualification although let me tell you its worthless. If it was any good the whole of your school would have been chosen to do it.
shani123
Rep:
?
(Original post by youngeN)
Teachers always say a load of rubbish. It may be a level 2 qualification although let me tell you its worthless. If it was any good the whole of your school would have been chosen to do it.
Ok thanks for your opioin mate, can i also have other peoples thoughts aswell
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ok thanks for your opioin mate, can i also have other peoples thoughts aswell
If you achieve a maths GCSE grade A*- C then it is worthless. It won't be considered an extra GCSE.

If you don't do so well then many college courses and many employers (especially public sector) will accept a level 2 numeracy qualification as equivalent to a grade C maths GCSE. It's often done as insurance for candidates on the C/D borderline or below.
shani123
Rep:
?
(Original post by gdunne42)
If you achieve a maths GCSE grade A*- C then it is worthless. It won't be considered an extra GCSE.

If you don't do so well then many college courses and many employers (especially public sector) will accept a level 2 numeracy qualification as equivalent to a grade C maths GCSE. It's often done as insurance for candidates on the C/D borderline or below.
ok thanks mate' anybody else
george..
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ok thanks mate' anybody else
It is worthless unless you have a very low grade for gcse maths/english.
shani123
Rep:
?
(Original post by george..)
It is worthless unless you have a very low grade for gcse maths/english.
ok thanks george, so will u say colleges will except it? and more peoples thoughts plz thanks
george..
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
ok thanks george, so will u say colleges will except it? and more peoples thoughts plz thanks
Depends, what grades have you got at the moment for GCSEs? Also, what courses are you interested in?
shani123
Rep:
?
Depends, what grades have you got at the moment for GCSEs? Also, what courses are you interested in?
i've passed my maths GCSE with a grade C' but im not ever so confident about my English GCSE. So i took the alan test, and after GCSE'S i want to do a level 3 course in business' which is equal to 3 A-Levels
george..
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i've passed my maths GCSE with a grade C' but im not ever so confident about my English GCSE. So i took the alan test, and after GCSE'S i want to do a level 3 course in business' which is equal to 3 A-Levels
If you have a grade C Maths, the Alan test won't really count, it is always worth putting it down as a qualification though. The same will apply to English if you get a grade C or above.

And also, anything "equivalent" or "equal" to X GCSEs/A-Levels is almost certainly not seen that way. The business course would be fine for a small business or company etc. but for university A-Levels would be much
shani123
Rep:
?
If you have a grade C Maths, the Alan test won't really count, it is always worth putting it down as a qualification though. The same will apply to English if you get a grade C or above.

And also, anything "equivalent" or "equal" to X GCSEs/A-Levels is almost certainly not seen that way. The business course would be fine for a small business or company etc. but for university A-Levels would be much
ok thanks george for ur help. So would u reccomend not doing a level 3 extended dipolma in business then?
and comon people,can i also have ur views on alan test level 2
shani123
Rep:
?
Bump- anyboard else on the alan test level 2
mzfemalecupid
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
hi
in skool we have to do the Alan test but i dont get why u have do it
i mean we got not that bad grades in maths, english adn science so what ths point of this???
plus what do we get out of doing it???
shani123
Rep:
?
lol whats my point, i want to knw why we have to take the alan test level 2
shani123
Rep:
?
(Original post by mzfemalecupid)
hi
in skool we have to do the Alan test but i dont get why u have do it
i mean we got not that bad grades in maths, english adn science so what ths point of this???
plus what do we get out of doing it???
lol thats my point, i want to knw why we have to take the alan test level 2
george..
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
lol thats my point, i want to knw why we have to take the alan test level 2
Stop moaning, it only takes about 20 mins/half an hour to do both of them, and it gives you something if you fail at GCSEs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (40)
58.82%
No (28)
41.18%

Watched Threads