The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Wow... I can't imagine that! However much my family annoy me - and it's often quite a lot - and however bored I get at home - very - I can't picture being totally on my own for Christmas. I suppose I associate it with family and friends.

What do your family think about it? Are you putting up decorations or anything?
earning lots of money doing what?
Reply 3
I will be on my own over new year.
Reply 4
gordon2002
earning lots of money doing what?

Jus bar work... 80 a day for xmas eve, boxing day and new year... also working pretty much everyother day so could earn 600 which is lots for a student, looking at it as paying my rent for next sem...

As for my family... I havnt spoken to my mum, step dad or two brothers since I left for my second uni in september so they can go whistle... my dad wanted me to go to his but when I pointed out how much I can earn and how much more comfortable I will be next sem he understood. Im not to fussed - toy story 2 is on xmas day and I can eat all the xmas sweets! (Admittedly, I paid for them...)!
Reply 5
i would happily spend xmas day at work
its not for me, think it way over rated and is basiclly for kids
I did it about 2 years ago and worked for most of it...I have to say I didn't enjoy it! Even though I'm not particularly close with my parents and we fight like cat and dog a lot of the time it just didn't feel like Christmas not being at home.

At least the money will cushion the blow though!! :biggrin:
Reply 7
im working xmas eve boxing day and new years eve but its double time and awsome tips
i'm woroking friday, xmas eve, boxing day, the 27th, new years ever and new ye ars day. I'm not happy...its not double pay and i have to do it becasue i'm an xmas temp :frown:
Reply 9
Im going on holiday this xmas... to be honest i would work xmas day if given the chance (plus if i wasnt on holiday obviously...)
I shall be ski-ski-skiiiing on Christmas Day on Christmas day in the morning.
Reply 11
where you going? im going to banff
sebbie
where you going? im going to banff

luckers! French alps.

Going to Whistler in feb thou!
I'm working... oh, let's see, Wednesday-Friday, 9 hours a day, and probably 11 or 12 on Christmas eve 'cos they'll probably get desparate. And not on double pay either. Safeway used to- last Christmas was quite lucrative- but Morrisons don't. Bah shame.

Then I'm working Tuesday-Friday, with New Year's Day and the 2nd January off.

What annoys me is that I missed a family get together yesterday because of work- basically, it was so busy my boss said no, you can't have that day off. It was so busy ALL the managers were in, and all were working- something that very rarely happens! It just annoys me that this is the second year in a row I've had to miss it, and there are some relatives of mine I havn't seen for coming up two years now.

Oh well. I've got Christmas day with my Dad and Stepmum and brother, and we'll probably see grandparents and other peeps on the day itself. Though the effort of trying not to argue for one day a year may be too much.
Reply 14
"i ate your bees" :biggrin:
on your own as in alone alone?
Reply 16
fraid so...
trigger
"i ate your bees" :biggrin:

Noooo!

Don't eat muffins when I'm developing you!

Oh, I've amnagedto get a piece of toast to stick to the ceiling (at uni!) Woo yeah.
Reply 18
black books really does rock the kazbar
Reply 19
I'd hate to spend it completely on my own. I came back home for Christmas day because I'd see my friends as well as my family, even though I could have stayed at uni and worked. I'm bored out of my mind most of the day but at least I'm not completely lonely!

Latest

Trending

Trending