parents split up Watch

lil-huni-buni
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
my parents split up a week ago how can i get over it i meen i love my mum and my dad but now i have to choose which one i have to live with please help me i dont know what to do!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:
AnonGuy2005
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no offence but do you actually get a choice at 13?
lil-huni-buni
Rep:
?
(Original post by AnonGuy2005)
no offence but do you actually get a choice at 13?
ye well my mum and dad said who do i want to live with
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
An awful lot of bad things have happened to you lately havent they? Only you can decide what to do.
dogtanian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
My parents split up about a month ago.

If your parents don't live far from eachother, or won't live far, why not hold off deciding? stay where you are now, and visit the other parent often too. You're still getting used to your parents not being together anymore you can't be expected to make such a decision so soon. When you feel ready, make a decision.

As for getting over it... to be honest, I think you'll just get used to it. I did pretty quickly. It's still weird, but it's not awful and depressing. Just new.
Choad
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
heh sucks to be you. my parents did that a while back, but then they got back 2gether a year later... my best friends parents have also split up and hes taking it not too well. life sucks eh?
Mark S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by lil-huni-buni)
my parents split up a week ago how can i get over it i meen i love my mum and my dad but now i have to choose which one i have to live with please help me i dont know what to do!!!!!! :confused: :confused: :confused:
Damn, just before xmas, that pretty sh*t.

My parents split up 7 years ago, i dont remember much about it, but i was never that bothered about it lol. As i remember anyway.
lil-huni-buni
Rep:
?
(Original post by Choad)
heh sucks to be you. my parents did that a while back, but then they got back 2gether a year later... my best friends parents have also split up and hes taking it not too well. life sucks eh?
ye it pretty much does my mate wants a sex change my sister is obsessed with having orgasms and stuff and its not fair she dont have to choose because shes at uni
Mark S
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ye it pretty much does my mate wants a sex change my sister is obsessed with having orgasms and stuff and its not fair she dont have to choose because shes at uni
Not only does it suck to be you at the moment, but it also suck to be the youngest eh?
lil-huni-buni
Rep:
?
(Original post by Markus)
Not only does it suck to be you at the moment, but it also suck to be the youngest eh?
ye it does but i always get my way
Mark S
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
ye it does but i always get my way
Good good
lil-huni-buni
Rep:
?
(Original post by Markus)
Good good
lol
button16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I can never remember my parents being together, so just living with my mum is the normal to me.
Mark S
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by button16)
I can never remember my parents being together, so just living with my mum is the normal to me.
Same, normal is also seeing my father once a year
button16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ah I see my dad every 2 weeks now, when I was younger I didn't realise it was my dad thought everyone got taken out by a guy every Saturday as I called him by his first name.
sheepgirl
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im sorry that your parents are splitting up. Mine divorced when I was 12 and I found it quite a stressful time. Have a good think about where you want to live, its not a case ofchoosing between your parents, its what will be the most practical and sensible place for you to stay. And by choosing 1 parent, it doesnt mean you cant see the other regularly. I spent 1 week with my mum and 1 week with my dad alternating for 4 years. I then moved to college and now live with my mum full time and see my dad everyother weekend ish. Remember that you are important in this and you will have a say in what you want to do. If you need to talk please PM me.
Mark S
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by button16)
Ah I see my dad every 2 weeks now, when I was younger I didn't realise it was my dad thought everyone got taken out by a guy every Saturday as I called him by his first name.
Same as me mate, my dad lived in andover until i was about 14, then moved to lancaster, so until i pass my test, its only once a year.
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 13 years ago
When my parents were gettign divorced it didnt really bother me
MNBStyle
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If there living fairly close to eachother couldn't you split the week in half or something???? so being with dad mondays to thursdays and mum, fridays and weekends or vice versa???
pink_lucie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
im still waiting for my parents to get divorce enjoy it while you can
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (3)
50%
No - I got the required grades (2)
33.33%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (1)
16.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed