The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
quinnbrakes

Do they have any links with each other? Inter uni sporting events and such? Would be cool if they did/do. Anyone know ought about it?

the boat race springs to mind...
Reply 2
no u pillock i mean trinity cam vs trinity ox etc.... not just cambridge v oxford.

maybe i didnt explain myself very well.
Reply 3
Here's a list of Oxbridge sister colleges:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sister_college

It isn't entirely done by name though.
Alexander
Here's a list of Oxbridge sister colleges:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sister_college

It isn't entirely done by name though.

Why would the good people if Cambridge wish to involve themselves with oxford people? :smile:

MB
Reply 5
inter-college events happen between colleges in the university, but when it gets to oxford v cambridge, they stick to varsity matches rather than an oxford college against a cam college.
Reply 6
I know there was a sponsored walk by St John's students between St John's Oxford and St John's Cambridge to raise money for charity. Don't know about inter-Varsity sports between colleges though.
Reply 7
The Corpus Christi colleges have a sports competition thingy each year, I think, tho I couldn't tell you any more about it than that.
Reply 8
musicboy
Why would the good people if Cambridge wish to involve themselves with oxford people? :smile:

MB

I was thinking the same thing, only the other way round :wink: !
Reply 9
hildabeast
I know there was a sponsored walk by St John's students between St John's Oxford and St John's Cambridge to raise money for charity. Don't know about inter-Varsity sports between colleges though.

Well, that website says that we're twinned with Oriel and St. Hugh's, but I think that's wrong - I think it's actually Hertford. Our hockey and rugby teams went there on a sports exchange, and I've definitely seen us twinned on other sites.

Apparently Wolfson is the only person to have colleges named after him at both Oxford and Cambridge, apart from Jesus (who, to be fair, gets 3 at Camb, 4 if you count Corpus) and St. John.
Reply 10
hildabeast

Well, that thing says that we're twinned with St Hugh's and Oriel, but I'm sure that elsewhere I've seen that we're twinned with Hertford, and we did a sports exchange thing with them last term. I guess some colleges do, and some don't.

Did you know that Wolfson, whoever he was, is the only person to have colleges named after him at both Oxford and Cambridge apart from Jesus (who, to be fair, has 3 at Camb; 4 if you count Corpus) and St. John.
Reply 11
Helenia
Well, that thing says that we're twinned with St Hugh's and Oriel, but I'm sure that elsewhere I've seen that we're twinned with Hertford, and we did a sports exchange thing with them last term. I guess some colleges do, and some don't.

Did you know that Wolfson, whoever he was, is the only person to have colleges named after him at both Oxford and Cambridge apart from Jesus (who, to be fair, has 3 at Camb; 4 if you count Corpus) and St. John.

I think that Clare is twinned with Oriel, but because Hertford didn't have established links with a Cambridge college they may have recently forged links with Clare.
Reply 12
That's cool. The plan was for me to apply to Oriel, Oxford, but now I'm going to Clare, Cambridge. Sisters!
Reply 13
Veedy
I think that Clare is twinned with Oriel, but because Hertford didn't have established links with a Cambridge college they may have recently forged links with Clare.

Oh, I seee.

Sorry for the double posting btw - it said the server was too busy when I tried to post, and I didn't realise it had posted it until my second one came up :rolleyes:
We have links with Newnham, but that's a fairly recent thing because we're now the only two original nineteenth cenury women's colleges left.
Reply 15
Queen's...
Reply 16
So Queen's (Ox) is twinned with Pembroke (Cam) and vice-versa.

Fair enough...
kildare
Queen's...

Are you saying that there are two colleges called Queen's? Ah but no... look carefully... The Cambridge one is called Queens' :smile:
Reply 18
MadNatSci
Are you saying that there are two colleges called Queen's? Ah but no... look carefully... The Cambridge one is called Queens' :smile:

Ah, me sees
Reply 19
Helenia

Not St. John, though... he doesn't have a college at both Cam and Ox.

Latest

Trending

Trending