The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Letter from Durham re Psychology

I got a letter from Durham this morning and opened it nervously, only it was nothing to do with an offer!

They were writing to say that they have got rid of BA Psychology and I should withdraw my application unless I want to be considered for the Bsc, in which case I should fill in the attcahed form.
Did anyone else get this?
If so, will they add the Bsc and BA places together to form one giant Bsc or will there be a real struggle for places?
Reply 1
Peapod

If so, will they add the Bsc and BA places together to form one giant Bsc or will there be a real struggle for places?

They'll probably merge the two groups. Chances are at Durham (like here at Notts) the first year of both the degrees is the same, so they will have enough places in the lecture theatre for say 140 (for example, 70 BSc and 70 BA). You may end up with emptier lecture theatres if people reject their application.

The only difference may be that they get rid of some of the more social options in the second and third years. That's if it's the same system as the psych degrees here.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Peapod
I got a letter from Durham this morning and opened it nervously, only it was nothing to do with an offer!

They were writing to say that they have got rid of BA Psychology and I should withdraw my application unless I want to be considered for the Bsc, in which case I should fill in the attcahed form.
Did anyone else get this?

I think Hannah on UKL got the same letter if I remember... I should imagine that they will have the same number of places except all people will be doing the BSc and not half doing the BSc and half doing the BA.
Reply 3
i don't think there is much difference between Bsc and BA psych at durham just the degree titles depends on whether u do arts or sciences at A-Levels so I don't really they'll b any big change wid durham's admissions policy. I think psych's pretty competitive at durham.

Latest