Which part of the UK is Sheffield in?

Watch
Poll: Which part of the UK is Sheffield in?
North West (6)
12%
North East (33)
66%
Midlands (11)
22%
This discussion is closed.
Baula
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
I know this sounds really stupid, considering I've lived here all my life, but I'm struggling to fill a form without the 'Yorkshire and Humber' option

The options listed on the form are:
North East,
North West,
Midlands,
London,
South East,
and South West.

It has to be one of the top 3 but I can't decide which.

I don't think it's as far down as the Midlands because its a couple of hours from Birmingham. It's not quite in the North West and North East only counts parts of North Yorkshire :confused:

Again, I'm really sorry about my poor geography Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Baula)
I know this sounds really stupid, considering I've lived here all my life, but I'm struggling to fill a form without the 'Yorkshire and Humber' option

The options listed on the form are:
North East,
North West,
Midlands,
London,
South East,
and South West.

It has to be one of the top 3 but I can't decide which.

I don't think it's as far down as the Midlands because its a couple of hours from Birmingham. It's not quite in the North West and North East only counts parts of North Yorkshire :confused:

Again, I'm really sorry about my poor geography Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
North East.
cvqw1278
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'd say North East.

Definitely north and I think it's slightly more east than west.

Plus, in a list of midlands cities on wiki it isn't mentioned.
Pandora.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Personally I would put north east but then again I'm biased because my town is in both
But seriously, why would there be a form with only six regions on it? There are nine official ones...
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Write it to the side. It's a region of England, if someone hasn't put it it's their bad.
iyley
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sheffield is in no mans land haha yeah it isn't really any of them! It is like east of the midlands but north east is more like Newcastle! But as others have said, out of those I would say north east
juliewho
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
North east. Why is there no yorkshire and humber option? Sheffield is in South Yorkshire which is why people think it's in the midland area
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by juliewho)
North east. Why is there no yorkshire and humber option? Sheffield is in South Yorkshire which is why people think it's in the midland area
and S Yorks was Trent region under the 1974 Regional Health Authorities ... and provides a lot of tertiary health services to the East Midlands
Baula
Rep:
?
(Original post by juliewho)
No idea! It's happened on a few forms I've been filling in recently which is why I thought I'd ask
Colour Me Pretty
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
North East!

It may be South Yorkshire, but it's Yorkshire!
dunnicare
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Had this discussion the other day with my mates. I said North East.
an_end_has_a_start
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
north east
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
'The best part' according to many of my relatives.

That form sounds like it was designed by a london dwelling idiot tbh - aren't Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland in the UK these days?
mahaneap
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
You should move house. The north is horrible.
ChessMister
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The Midlands doesn't exist. You're North, less North, South, less South, with the correct easts and wests attached
Tenbinza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sheffieldshire.
zigzog7
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by mahaneap)
You should move house. The north is horrible.
The north west is the best part of the country. It has the greatest natural beauty and the friendliest people, plus the advantage of not being full of stuck up southerners.

By the way, Sheffield is in Yorkshire, which is in the North East.
Baula
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pandora.)
Personally I would put north east but then again I'm biased because my town is in both
But seriously, why would there be a form with only six regions on it? There are nine official ones...
The other options were Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland but I didn't include them for obvious reasons In other forms I've filled out, they usually include East of England but don't bother splitting the midlands into west and East.
If I'm honest it was only for a TSR form but it reminded me of some more important ones that I had to fill in a few weeks back - None of my family could agree on which one we fitted into, which is why I thought I may as well ask on here
rockrunride
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Sheffield isn't anywhere near the North of the UK, it's about halfway up England :teehee:

I still say write Yorkshire and the Humber at the side.
acat
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Don't feel silly, I always have this problem
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (650)
33.56%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (822)
42.44%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.51%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.49%

Watched Threads