The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by faithxfaye
I was sitting in the IR taster session, I was the chinese girl sitting on the right side of the teacher :P wearing a vans bag

I think i saw you. Does your bag have a black/white square pattern?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Oh mmm...were you the one on Facebook and flicking through the LSE booklets?
I was sitting behind u? Yeh that module sounds interesting! I'm excited xD

Firmed it now just gotta go get the grades ><

haha yeah that would have been me :colondollar:

well the wait is over now let easter revision begin, good luck and hopefully see you in september ! x :biggrin:
Original post by yjp9309
Well.. I'm deciding between UCL and Edinburgh.. prefer ucl as an uni but live in edin so it's quite a tough choice. Wbu?

UCL since I prefer it and I live in London. Come to UCL. :smile:
Reply 5263
Original post by 21Grapes
I think i saw you. Does your bag have a black/white square pattern?

Yeah ;p with purple coloured in squares haha...
Yeah ;p with purple coloured in squares haha...

Yeah, i definitely saw you walking around :P
Reply 5265
Did anyone else get that email from accommodation? It was a little contradictory to what they said about it at the offer day talk....
I received a message saying that decisions regarding accommodation will not be made until after the Eastern break.

Btw, I've received a conditional offer for the MSc Environmental Economics and Climate Change 2 months ago and have just noticed the admissions for the program are closed. Anyone else got accepted for this program?
Original post by kkd1664
Did anyone else get that email from accommodation? It was a little contradictory to what they said about it at the offer day talk....

Why, what does it say?
Reply 5268
Why, what does it say?

The email said if you're receiving this message it means we're close to a decision and you should hear in 28 days, but at the open day they said you won't know until after 31st may when they have everybody's applications. Strange cos the email was sent from the same lady who did the talk. Xx
How long after firming did you guys get emails about accommodation? Is the delay likely due to it being the Easter break?
Maybe they had a change of heart. Fact is: the sooner we know the better.
Reply 5271
Original post by tehforum
Erm

:parrot:

What happened to A&F at LSE?

yeah I'm here already. almost finished my first year. hence i will be seeing some of them next year.
Accommodation is done in something like three batches. You can hear before May 31st but they still wait until after the deadline before allocating particular floors in various halls until after the deadline, to keep it fair, etc.
Original post by Pigeon93
Accommodation is done in something like three batches. You can hear before May 31st but they still wait until after the deadline before allocating particular floors in various halls until after the deadline, to keep it fair, etc.

No that's completely wrong. It's a lottery system so no one can hear until after the deadline. Simple.
Original post by Istanbul.
No that's completely wrong. It's a lottery system so no one can hear until after the deadline. Simple.

It has been like that in the past...
They start sending out offers from May 1st through to August. Clearly not after the deadline then :/

edit: i just realised the may 1st thing was for 2011 (sorry, my mistake :< ) so i don't know the date for this year. Though some people have received emails telling them they will get an offer soon.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5276
Hey!

I am wondering if anyone can help.

I was rejected by LSE on the grounds of my GCSE results (according to the feedback email), in which I achieved 4A*s, 6As and a B. These don't sound fantastic but I did rank very highly within my school cohort. Although the school insists that they are ranking me within the context of my school, I do not think this is the case. For example, the LSE email cited that I hadn't achieved A*s in English Language and Lit when not a single person at my school did so.

This is also the third time that they've given me a different reason for my rejection and I am beginning to wonder whether there has been a procedural error.

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Has appealed successfully against an LSE rejection in the past?

Please, please let me know if you are in the same boat! Feel free to inbox me any time! :smile:
They start sending out offers from May 1st through to August. Clearly not after the deadline then :/

edit: i just realised the may 1st thing was for 2011 (sorry, my mistake :< ) so i don't know the date for this year. Though some people have received emails telling them they will get an offer soon.

In 2011 no one got offers until the end of July so that's wrong as well... don't know why they would've written that?
Just wondering why everyone isn't using the firmer's thread ? Or are there some people still waiting for an offer ?
Original post by Everisingstar
UCL since I prefer it and I live in London. Come to UCL. :smile:

Congratulations, go UCL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending