The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5400
Calling all first years!
I need UK students who have moved away from home to attend university to fill in an online survey for my 3rd year project.
The survey's on pre-university friendships and it will only take 5minutes to complete.

Please message me if you'd like the link to take part.

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 5401
has an international applicant received an offer for economics?
thanks a lot
Guys I need Advice!!
Course: Economics
My GCE's are 7As 1A* 2B
My AS Level Subjects are Accelerated Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Psychology
If I achieve A* AAA in my AS Level will I stand a chance If i try my best at my PS too!!
Note: Im an International Student :frown:
Reply 5403
Original post by maliksajwani
Guys I need Advice!!
Course: Economics
My GCE's are 7As 1A* 2B
My AS Level Subjects are Accelerated Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Psychology
If I achieve A* AAA in my AS Level will I stand a chance If i try my best at my PS too!!
Note: Im an International Student :frown:

1) As you can see, the last few posts have been ignored. Most people subscribed to this thread are at university and neither know nor care about your chances, to be honest. If you must speculate, ask in a more recent thread.

2) Saying you will try your best is pointless. Asking about your chances with hypothetical grades is not very useful. Get the best marks you can. Actually write a good PS when the time comes. That is what will matter, not preemptive speculation.

3) A* grades don't exist at AS. More to the point, why limit yourself to doing your best at one subject? Even if you get predicted A*AAA, it is a minimum condition. At a university and course where many applicants will have competitive A level predictions and GCE (equivalent) scores, the minimum nature of this condition should be emphasised.

Sorry if that sounds harsh. Good luck in your AS results. Hopefully you get the grades that makes LSE an option. Economics is very competitive. Your GCE grades are fine but not great. Choose your universities wisely. Do well in maths. Do really well in Maths.

Hopefully this deters future posters. Or, I should stop watching this thread.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ratio
1) As you can see, the last few posts have been ignored. Most people subscribed to this thread are at university and neither know nor care about your chances, to be honest. If you must speculate, ask in a more recent thread.

2) Saying you will try your best is pointless. Asking about your chances with hypothetical grades is not very useful. Get the best marks you can. Actually write a good PS when the time comes. That is what will matter, not preemptive speculation.

3) A* grades don't exist at AS. More to the point, why limit yourself to doing your best at one subject? Even if you get predicted A*AAA, it is a minimum condition. At a university and course where many applicants will have competitive A level predictions and GCE (equivalent) scores, the minimum nature of this condition should be emphasised.

Sorry if that sounds harsh. Good luck in your AS results. Hopefully you get the grades that makes LSE an option. Economics is very competitive. Your GCE grades are fine but not great. Choose your universities wisely. Do well in maths. Do really well in Maths.

Hopefully this deters future posters. Or, I should stop watching this thread.

Really Thanks for the Reply. Im taking Accel Maths so yeah A* exists ans Im doing both the AS and A2 Math in first year.
And Im not limiting myself to mathematics. Im just saying than Math is really impotant for Econ and im giving accel so maybe Ill need to focus on it more than other .
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending