The Student Room Group

How do I tell the vet?

I need some advice. For about a year now, I have been doing work experience with the local vet centre. I've got to know them all so well,
and everyone is really encouraging about applying to vet school. The bad news is, I did really really badly in my exams, and if I told them the grades
I couldn't imagine the reaction. I've applied to do Forensic Science which I
am really excited about, but would like to try for Vet Med after I graduate.
How do I tell them about my decision, and will they still alow me to do work experience while at Uni?
Reply 1
Be honest with them. There's no shame in getting less than AAA/AAB.

They'll respect you more if you're honest. Plus rampant dishonesty really isn't a good trait for a future vet...

If you really want to be vet med, and you're using forensic science to try to persuade yourself you're not bothered, my advice would be to work your arse off, get the grades you need for vet med, and reapply on a gap year...
Reply 2
uhhhh well its always gonna be hard....and none of us can really answer those questions....especially as we dont know the practice u are talking about...but im sure they will still be really suportive ...good luck with telling them...u just gotta be really brave
Reply 3
some people there might have had to reapply to get in, im sure they will be understanding
Reply 4
Quite a few of the vets I work with didn't get in the first time they applied, so don't worry. If you want it enough, and work hard enough, you can achieve it. Just keep trying. :wink:
Reply 5
Yes, thanks everyone for the advice! I'm a bit more sorted now, cos the vets are really cool about it and surprisingly very encouraging. Bye!

Latest

Trending

Trending