The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i just had a pop-up ad on TSR for ukmodels.co. uk

i think they are probably genuine, but obviously you should take sensible precautions.
it seems pretty legit...but just make sure someone goes with her
just on case
Original post by Subcutaneous
www.ukmodels.co.uk

My best friend sent her photo off to the above agency as a whim and got a text today to give them a call. She's been invited to a photoshoot next thursday in london and has to pay a £50 deposit- although gets it back if she turns up (However if she wants to buy a photo it's £50).

She's been told they'll look at the photoshoot and decide whether to take her on and if they do she'll have to purchase some photos for a portfolio.

Me and her mum are both a bit skeptical it's a bit of a con and something doesn't add up- we're both excited for her but something isn't right.

Just wondering what you guys think? Any experienced models here who know the trade?
Reply 102
Omg, I got offered a slot with start up models n they pressured me to pay a 50£ deposit n she hit all funny when I said I couldn't pay it there n then till following week but she told me there's spaces only for next few weeks then said itll be taken today by someone else... What. Sounds dodgy n glad I didn't pay the deposit
You did the right thing! They never run out of spots lol it's there Day job photoshooting people! I'm not so gutted they scammed me for 2000, you don't understand how much I want to go back to there building and break into it or pay people to smash it up 😂 What there doing surely must be illegal!!

Original post by Toddy88
Omg, I got offered a slot with start up models n they pressured me to pay a 50£ deposit n she hit all funny when I said I couldn't pay it there n then till following week but she told me there's spaces only for next few weeks then said itll be taken today by someone else... What. Sounds dodgy n glad I didn't pay the deposit