This discussion is closed.
love_4_ducks
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
wat are ur views on it, has anyone been a victim or known anyone who has been a victim
Niaya
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
i think that domestic violence is one of the most evil things ever and should be stopped
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
There should be more awareness about husbands suffering at the hands of their wives. It's not that uncommon but people don't seem that aware of it...
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yes i agree, completly...there is no need for it at all.

What is the definition of domestic violence? If someone tried to burgal my home i would be violent
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by MadNatSci)
There should be more awareness about husbands suffering at the hands of their wives. It's not that uncommon but people don't seem that aware of it...
Agreed. I know for a fact I would never hit a woman. I can remember a situation a few years ago when a 19 stone rugby player used to get beat up by his wife. Obviously if he wanted to he could have hurt her badly, but because he would never hit a woman he just let her hit him. Because it is rather embarrising for such a man to be known to be beat up by his wife he let it go on for years..
Mr White
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Matt the cat)
Yes i agree, completly...there is no need for it at all.

What is the definition of domestic violence? If someone tried to burgal my home i would be violent
Domestic in terms of 'within the immediate family', ie. violence towards spouses or children.
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Yes i definitly agree to that... although i think the law stands the same for both sexes? or is it its usual sexist self? All this equal sex rights has turned a full circle.

But to be honest i would never go to the police if i was hurt by my wife. Unless i had stopped loving her and wanted a divorce.... i would record the insidences though just incase
MadNatSci
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
Agreed. I know for a fact I would never hit a woman. I can remember a situation a few years ago when a 19 stone rugby player used to get beat up by his wife. Obviously if he wanted to he could have hurt her badly, but because he would never hit a woman he just let her hit him. Because it is rather embarrising for such a man to be known to be beat up by his wife he let it go on for years..

Yeah, it's bad. Obviously women being beaten up by their husbands is just as horrific, but it tends to be better known about.
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Domestic in terms of 'within the immediate family', ie. violence towards spouses or children.
Thank you, i would not hit my wife or my children I do not agree with it at all.

As it stands i would never hit a woman, although i would give one a push if she got physical with my wife or children... i would pull them apart... other wise NO
Niaya
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
its the same with men being raped either by other men or by women they are not recognised as victims
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
is that hit a woam nwith your fist or hit a woman as a target with your gun?
Mr White
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by eric bischoff)
is that hit a woam nwith your fist or hit a woman as a target with your gun?
Uh... they're both bad, Eric.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Uh... they're both bad, Eric.
well what do you expect.Bricks would be a good option to throw at people for domestic violence
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (65)
18.95%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.87%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.96%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.21%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.99%
Speak to current students studying my course (79)
23.03%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.79%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.5%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.33%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.75%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.75%

Watched Threads