The Student Room Group

BarCap + BoAML Front Office Summer Insight Days (1st/2nd Yrs) !Updated!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by seans443
Just out of curiosity, where did you find this out from?

Original post by therealOG
Look at his sig :colonhash:

Yeah exactly. It was posted on an internal website with a message saying that we should feel free to pass the info on.
Reply 21
Original post by DeeDub
Yeah exactly. It was posted on an internal website with a message saying that we should feel free to pass the info on.

Thanks for passing it on to TSR :smile:

Do you know why they don't display it externally?
Reply 22
it is displayed externally on jobsites, that's how I found it
Reply 23
Original post by glorydays
it is displayed externally on jobsites, that's how I found it

What job site did you find it on? Just to know about any future things like this that become available, because if it hadn't been for TSR I wouldn't have found out about these insight days.
Reply 24
Original post by DeeDub

I looked at your sig there now, apologies about that. Oh and thanks very much for posting about this on TSR :biggrin:
Reply 25
Sign up to Milkround. They send you a host of useless crap but sometimes, events like this pop up.
Reply 26
Heres the sign up link for milkround, enjoy

http://www.milkround.com/r6010663
(edited 12 years ago)
Heres the sign up link for milkround, enjoy

http://www.milkround.com/r6010663

It's easier to get rid of AIDS than it is to block Milkround emails.
Reply 28
Original post by DeeDub
BarCap opened apps for the Front Office Summer Insight Days yesterday...

Front Office Summer Insight Days
======================

Thinking about a career in Investment Banking? Barclays Capital is offering you a great opportunity to get a head start in your career research and the Investment Banking application process.

We will be holding two Front Office Summer Insight Days for 1st and 2nd year students from any degree discipline. If accepted you will:

- Gain an understanding of the Investment Banking industry as a whole, Barclays Capital as a firm, learn what the various divisions do and how they interact.
- Take part in interactive activities to learn about what we do, demystifying preconceptions of what a career in Investment Banking is all about.
- Get a feel for the buzz of the trading floor via trading floor tours and graduate work shadowing, viewing first hand what happens in an Investment Bank.
- Learn the art of networking and the importance this plays in day to day business
- Receive tips and an insight into the application, interview and assessment centre process.
- Above all, there will be plenty of opportunities to meet and network with Barclays Capital representatives from recent graduates to senior members across a variety of business areas.
=======================
Front Office Insight Days will be held on the following dates:

Wednesday 6th July 2011 (Deadline for applications, Sunday 26th June)

Tuesday 27th September 2011 (Deadline for applications, Sunday 11th September)
=======================
How to apply:

Please submit a one page CV and tell us in 100 words what has motivated you to apply to Barclays Capital and what insights you hope to gain from the day.

To assist us with work shadowing placements, please highlight any business areas of interest (work shadowing available in Global Financial Risk Management, Investment Banking Division, Quantitative Analytics, Research, Sales, Structuring, and Trading).

Finally please let us know of your date preferences.

Please apply to [email protected]

Places are limited so early applications are advised!
=======================
Further Information

Return travel costs will be covered by Barclays Capital.

Please highlight your need for accommodation if you are based more than 1.5 hours from London.

We look forward to receiving your application!

Cheers man!
Reply 29
IBD invite
IBD invite

invite?
Reply 31
Original post by Zweihander
invite?

offer
Original post by Zweihander
invite?

For the FO Insight Day, have you applied?
IBD invite

eww
Reply 34
Accidentally came across this and seeing as am in a sharing mood today I though I'll share it :wink: BoA it seems are going to be running one of these programs aswell, 2 days avaliable just like Barcap. 12th July & 8th Sep. If anything their St Paul's site is pretty nice. It also has 2 pretty big trading floors.

Venue

Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Financial Centre, Auditorium
2 King Edward Street
London, EC1A 1HQ

Date

12 Jul 2011

Time

All Day

Event description

Are you graduating in 2013?
Want to get ahead in the race for internships?

Skills for Success Bank of America Merrill Lynch

Date: Tuesday 12th July OR Thursday 8th September
Venue: 2 King Edward Street, EC1
Apply: online via ‘Campus events’ baml.com/campusEMEA
(please apply for one of the above dates only)
Deadline: Monday, 20th June

These events offer a unique opportunity to:
meet and network with our industry professionals,
build the skills you need to apply for summer internships
participate in interactive workshops and presentations

No prior experience is required and undergraduate students from any degree discipline
are welcome to apply.

Please attach your CV including 150 words stating why you want to attend and what you hope to achieve from the day. Your CV & personal statement must be uploaded in 1 document.

Closing Date

20 Jun 2011

https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTE4ODcwNCZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT02OTgmb3duZXI9NTAyODExMCZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZicmFuZF9pZD0wJnBvc3RpbmdfY29kZT0zNyZyZXFzaWc9MTMwODAwOTQ1NS05OTA5YTk2NjY1OWVkNjYxYTkxODU4Y2M2NTllNmUwMWE4YjU3Mjlj
Reply 35
Original post by thewait
Accidentally came across this and seeing as am in a sharing mood today I though I'll share it :wink: BoA it seems are going to be running one of these programs aswell, 2 days avaliable just like Barcap. 12th July & 8th Sep. If anything their St Paul's site is pretty nice. It also has 2 pretty big trading floors.

https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTE4ODcwNCZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT02OTgmb3duZXI9NTAyODExMCZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZicmFuZF9pZD0wJnBvc3RpbmdfY29kZT0zNyZyZXFzaWc9MTMwODAwOTQ1NS05OTA5YTk2NjY1OWVkNjYxYTkxODU4Y2M2NTllNmUwMWE4YjU3Mjlj

Nice find. Added to the OP.
Thanks for posting the BoAML one.

Does anyone know of any other insight days apart from these 2 and the DB Athlete Academy?
Original post by DeeDub
Nice find. Added to the OP.

Can you confirm whether or not the BarCap insight day is open to A-Level Students?
Reply 38
Original post by i_hate_teeth
Can you confirm whether or not the BarCap insight day is open to A-Level Students?

Nope. The only info I have is what is there and I will admit it is rather ambiguous.
Original post by i_hate_teeth

"We will be holding two Front Office Summer Insight Days for 1st and 2nd year students from any degree discipline"

Sounds like it doesn't but I agree it is a big vague.

Quick Reply