The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
love_4_ducks
why do people discriminate againt people who have special needs to are disabled. people think thyre ill, but in actual fact are generally healty.
people cant bring themselves to understans that they are people as well and no matter whats on the outside theyre still like u e me on the inside

what r ur views!.

A person can be quite intelligent, but people are always stupid.
Reply 2
Why are all the threads today depressing and well even more depressing???!!!(no offence to the person who started the thread) Does anyone else agree??
Reply 3
Mr White
A person can be quite intelligent, but people are always stupid.

what do u mean by that?
Reply 4
The_Barman
Why are all the threads today depressing and well even more depressing???!!!(no offence to the person who started the thread) Does anyone else agree??

i just saw a posyer about disabilitys and it inspired me!! sorry
Reply 5
love_4_ducks
what do u mean by that?

Figure it out - and try not to strain anything.
Reply 6
love_4_ducks
i just saw a posyer about disabilitys and it inspired me!! sorry

No again i say no offence at all....just im on a complete downer from reading all these threads....believe it ornot im considering signing off and actually doing some work!!!
Reply 7
Mr White
Figure it out - and try not to strain anything.

well im sooo sorry im confused
Reply 8
I can see how, people who are visually unsettling might be discriminated against for places in retail etc, and how certain disabilities make people less suitable for certain jobs, but at the end of the day the everyone in the whole world, everything in the whole world, pointedly and purposefully discriminates against everyone and everything else (in a positive or negative way) it's judgement. Some of these discriminations have been tagged non-PC and so everyone has the token black receptionist... but the discrimination is still there and it always will be. It won't necessarily appear the same, be labled as such, but it will still be here, untill we are all considerably enlightened.
Reply 9
love_4_ducks
well im sooo sorry im confused

Don't worry, then. Clearly the thing between your ears does little but hold up your hat.
Reply 10
lol - I think he's referring to our gullibility/stupidity when in groups compared to when alone.

It seems to me, people discriminate because it is in our nature - to recognise the differences in others and use it to determine their strengths/status relative to ourselves and others.

To regard some less able individuals as 'non-human', however, I think is more to do with social conditioning and more area-dependent than discrimination in general.
Reply 11
lol....

he doesnt even have a hat!
Reply 12
Have you ever noticed how it is people who are slightly different or insecure who discriminate the most? They try to reclasify groups to make themselfs feel more normal. I can think of several examples in our year alone.
Reply 13
pal_sch
Have you ever noticed how it is people who are slightly different or insecure who discriminate the most? They try to reclasify groups to make themselfs feel more normal. I can think of several examples in our year alone.

It is the basis of human nature.
Matt lols at Mr White, you have not got the comedy award for nothing
pal_sch

What do you mean by reclasify?

I'm certainly not insecure or different but I still love to take the piss out of townies.
Reply 16
yep... i class everyone who thinks i'm crazy.... as crazy.... see how clever and secure i now am.... for why would i take any heed of the words of mad men(/women, so as not to discriminate against the untermensch)?
Reply 17
Joey_Johns

I'm certainly not insecure or different but I still love to take the piss out of townies.

Doesn't everyone?
I mean make others seem more different so they seem to fit into the crowd. Like townies.
Reply 18
Joey_Johns

See below.

Mr. White
Don't worry, then. Clearly the thing between your ears does little but hold up your hat.
Spc_K
See below.

Ah, so Mr.White also has little between his ears.

Latest

Trending

Trending