Discrimination Against Disablilitys

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by Alaric)
we can add social services, LEAs, East Kent Health Authority and the wheelchair service to my inept and needs sorting list as well as the DRC.
And the dorset wheelchair clinic (they tried to force my other half to use his wheelchair voucher to buy from the incompetant Keep-able (avoid at all costs we had to explain that Quickie is a brand of wheelchair :rolleyes: )).
love_4_ducks
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 18 years ago
many people see disabled as a objkect to take pity on or as a pair of wheels not as a person
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by love_4_ducks)
many people see disabled as a objkect to take pity on or as a pair of wheels not as a person
Many people see the word disabled and assume wheelchair
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 18 years ago
(Original post by thefish_uk)
Isn't that positive discrimination?

It's paranoia, I guess. They have to strike a balance.
Yes it is. That's what I said, only I referred to it as "affirmative action"
X
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (24)
29.63%
Take a gap year (14)
17.28%
Resit my exams (20)
24.69%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (11)
13.58%
I don't know yet (9)
11.11%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
3.7%

Watched Threads