Who?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nuheen)
I have a photographic memory :cool:

I didn't open my Economics book from June 8th :p:
Photographic memory for the trivia:rofl::p: I envy you not - I have selective photographic memory:cool:
Nuheen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Unfortuately, mine is selective aswell. However my memory tends to select random facts
Who?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nuheen)
Unfortuately, mine is selective aswell. However my memory tends to select random facts
rawkingpunkster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Anyone studying at LSE? Haha I'm aiming to get a scholarship to go there to study. (:
Nuheen
Rep:
?
They don't give scholarship do they? Are you an international student?
Jan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They don't give scholarship do they? Are you an international student?
see the flag by his name..I received a letter encouraging me to apply for some of their scholarships after I got an offer; I'm sure there were some for EU/international students, and I'd say there were some for home students as well (not sure on this one though)

haven't applied for any since I had already decided about my firm choice by that time, so can't tell how difficult is it to be given one.
rawkingpunkster
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm not sure if they offer... local organizations do offer you and allow you to study anywhere, but after you're done you're bonded to that organization for about 3-4 years. Once you've finished your bond you can leave

So how is it like studying at LSE?
lukeitfc
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey, just thought I'd say hi, I've applied to join this society. Hope to study Economics + Philosophy at uni, starting 2007, not fully decided where though yet.

All the best

luke
Overmars
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
wow, this society is dead!
Nuheen
Rep:
?
Ah sorry everyone for the delay in accepting members. I am very busy at the moment and can't spend much time in TSR anymore, dont think I can in near future.

I would very much like it if the members use this society to discuss curret economic affairs. Please take the initiative. Once you start, I am sure you will find it very interesting. The society has 79 members, so there is great potential. I will log in from time to time to accept new members.
Nuheen
Rep:
?
You can also discuss universities here. I believe we have some uni students in our midst who can provide help.
RJA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You could appoint a second leader who can accept people into the society...
Nuheen
Rep:
?
There is one. Tanusha-Tomsk. But I cant add the new members to the list.
lukeitfc
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Interest rates anyone?
listen to cky
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hey, im starting economics on tuesday, im looking forward to it! is there anythnig i should know before starting/for when i start?
thanks
lukeitfc
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by listen to cky)
hey, im starting economics on tuesday, im looking forward to it! is there anythnig i should know before starting/for when i start?
thanks

You'll love it! If you're as sad as me. Most of the economic principles at AS I found very easy, nothing at all majorly hard, make sure you know a bit of background on the british economy, who controls what, eg Bank of England's monetary policy commitee controllig interest rates.

The bank of england website is very helpful reading into why interest rates have to be changed, the importance of the MPC etc.

Also, flick onto the BBC website, and so a search for 'economy', read through a few of the bbc news articles on the british economy, get an idea of what's going on.

This will put you in a perfect position to get learning all the graphs and principles and well, everything.
City bound
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A-Level economics requires no original thought and as long as you say the right things in the right way you'll get full marks. It's an exercise in being a Parrot. Start reading around the subject. It's intrinsically linked to politics, Hayek's "Road to Serfdom" and Friedman's "Capitalism and Freedom" are good choices.
RJA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by listen to cky)
thanks
Same here There are only four people in my class :p:
Which board are you doing?
Overmars
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by City bound)
A-Level economics requires no original thought and as long as you say the right things in the right way you'll get full marks. It's an exercise in being a Parrot. Start reading around the subject. It's intrinsically linked to politics, Hayek's "Road to Serfdom" and Friedman's "Capitalism and Freedom" are good choices.
Not quite that easy, and I'm not that sure reading those books are 'required' for Economcis A-level - in fact, I know they're not required. However, if you do have a real interest in Economics, then read away...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Do you have any savings?