?
Report 12 years ago
Why are they wrong?
Nuheen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
It is an ongoing debate. The monetarists don't believe in this theory but the keynesians do.

I believe it, by the way.
Nuheen
Rep:
?
Why will it be I though? This is not investment is it? Consumption is the more likely one I think.
City bound
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Nuheen)
Why will it be I though? This is not investment is it? Consumption is the more likely one though.
Exactly the same process can happen through investment. One firm purchases capital from another, they save some (an equity buy back maybe) and spend the rest on capital, etc etc etc.....

It really depends what the government has done to introduce the funds.
lukeitfc
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by City bound)
Exactly the same process can happen through investment. One firm purchases capital from another, they save some (an equity buy back maybe) and spend the rest on capital, etc etc etc.....

It really depends what the government has done to introduce the funds.
This is true. Not all government money goes to consumers.
tanusha-tomsk
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Argh coming into the economics forum reminds me that I can't do it at uni for the next 2 years for financial resons, and seeing these threads and economic questions makes me upset and frustrated and almost makes me cry I don't want Economics to make me feel those things, how do I get over it? I wanted to go to uni so much
arkbar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Ah, monetarist neg rep.
City bound
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by arkbar)
Ah, monetarist neg rep.
Sounds like someone needs to get a life if they neg rep someone for asking a question.
lukeitfc
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Looks like we're about to have a monetarist/keynesian split :P
RJA
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hi, I'm sure alot of people on here watch "Trust Me...I'm an Economist" on BBC TWO, does anyone know if/when it is repeated? Cos I missed it last night...
MandaJR86
Report 12 years ago
i had no idea that that was on if i had known i would have watched ot
tanusha-tomsk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by RJA)
Hi, I'm sure alot of people on here watch "Trust Me...I'm an Economist" on BBC TWO, does anyone know if/when it is repeated? Cos I missed it last night...
I've missed the last 2!! Because we moved house. Not sure if it will be repeated though.

It's quite fun (finally, a programme about something I love! ...because sometimes I wish I was a property developer/decorator... lol) But I think he uses "we" as in "economists" too often! I dare to call myself and economist and I certainly don't think of love as a financial transaction, nor do I believe in Low Quality Chinldren, as shown in the 1st episode. What do you think? And the supermarket freaks - come on, everybody knows that you can buy own brad Tesco beans a save money! Wasn't it funny when he shook the can to make sure there are enough beans in there? That second programme was a bit silly to be honest, sure you can buy a £1.90 coffee and enjoy atmosphere, but what about enjoying your drink??

I'm actually sad enough to use the title of the programme from time to time. Like, instead of saying "Trust me!" I say "Trust me, I'm an Econommist!"
tanusha-tomsk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by MandaJR86)
i had no idea that that was on if i had known i would have watched ot
About your sig - I've read another reason somewhere - "Economists do it with models". Lol. I love the "invisible hands" one!
J2K
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Read his book, "The Undercover Economist" - it tells you everything you need to know about his ideas =).
MandaJR86
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by tanusha-tomsk)
About your sig - I've read another reason somewhere - "Economists do it with models". Lol. I love the "invisible hands" one!
Yeh i like that one, i also like the unemployment one!
lizlaz89
Report 12 years ago
i'll join too!!! Add me please!
Studing Maths, further maths, economics, italian, ict, general studies and critical thinking(AS)
tanusha-tomsk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by J2K)
Read his book, "The Undercover Economist" - it tells you everything you need to know about his ideas =).
Your sig is great, the grades aren't displayed but it is so tempting to have a look - you are amazing, scoring so high in so many units. (Assuming your sig is true.)
tanusha-tomsk
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by lizlaz89)
i'll join too!!! Add me please!
Studing Maths, further maths, economics, italian, ict, general studies and critical thinking(AS)
Hi and Welcome!

Find TSR economics Society here, and I'll add you: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/socs.php?do=list&page=9
Nuheen
Rep:
?
The link to apply is in the first page. After you have been accepted, please say so and i will add your name to the main list.
lukeitfc
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
This thread is really very dull, I think we need a bit of discussion...anyone?...no?...any one?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (22)
25.88%
No - I got the required grades (52)
61.18%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (11)
12.94%

Watched Threads