The Student Room Group

How to get an A* for A Level ICT

I'm currently in A2 doing OCR ICT (the one with the units 6061-g064)
I recieved an A for AS (ums mark 161) and seeing as the A2 G064 exam is coming up would I be able to get an A* ? :/
My coursework is a B so would that rule out me getting an A* :s-smilie:

Like what are the requirements for getting an A*?
I checked the specification and it says: To be awarded an A*, candidates will need to achieve a grade A on their full A level qualification and an A* on the aggregate of their A2 units.
So does that mean you need to get an A in your A2 coursework along with your A2 exam :/
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
You have to score 90% if you add up your exam + coursework score in your A2 units, and score 80% over your A2 and AS units.

Basically all you need to worry about is scoring above 90% if you add up your exam and coursework score. Since its out of 200 you need 180/200.

E.g 60/80 on cw, 120/120 on exam.
Reply 2
Original post by RSM93
You have to score 90% if you add up your exam + coursework score in your A2 units, and score 80% over your A2 and AS units.

Basically all you need to worry about is scoring above 90% if you add up your exam and coursework score. Since its out of 200 you need 180/200.

E.g 60/80 on cw, 120/120 on exam.

Oh right, thanks for that, understood :smile:
Original post by Kabbykay
I'm currently in A2 doing OCR ICT (the one with the units 6061-g064)
I recieved an A for AS (ums mark 161) and seeing as the A2 G064 exam is coming up would I be able to get an A* ? :/
My coursework is a B so would that rule out me getting an A* :s-smilie:

Like what are the requirements for getting an A*?
I checked the specification and it says: To be awarded an A*, candidates will need to achieve a grade A on their full A level qualification and an A* on the aggregate of their A2 units.
So does that mean you need to get an A in your A2 coursework along with your A2 exam :/

WOWWWW how did you get an A in ICT , im doing OCR ICT AS Level please gove me advice on how you revised please

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending