Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Original post by Blutooth
UK: England, Ireland, Wales,
Europe: Italy, France, Spain, Vatican city, Ukraine, Russia, Greece, Austria
Asia: China, Japan, Hong Kong
Africa: Sierra Leone, South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana, Gambia, Senegal,
America: HAwaii

20 - England and Wales count as the same, and for future refferrence Hawaii is just a state in America rather than a country on the continent
Original post by Alexx53
Don't Ibiza and Majorca count as Spain?

Well they are islands in their own right, I could it more as the airport I've been to I guess or what ever :L so yeah :P

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 422
Original post by megan.c
20 - England and Wales count as the same, and for future refferrence Hawaii is just a state in America rather than a country on the continent

Thank you Megan, but I knew that about Hawaii. England is a separate country from Wales though.
Reply 424
Original post by Blutooth
Thank you Megan, but I knew that about Hawaii. England is a separate country from Wales though.

Not according to the OP and everyone else in this thread
I don't regard myself as having lived abroad this past year :/

Maybe i'm being pedantic but no need to get snotty.
Original post by megan.c
Not according to the OP and everyone else in this thread
I don't regard myself as having lived abroad this past year :/

Maybe i'm being pedantic but no need to get snotty.

If this were real-life I'd be sneezing all over you and your ludicrous claims. :tongue:
Reply 426
UK: England, Wales, Scotland
Americas: United States
Europe: Spain, Portugal, France, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Vatican City, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Estonia, Russia, Bulgaria, Greece
Middle East: Turkey, Israel, Palestine, Egypt.

So from next month it'll be 24, or 26 if we're counting separate countries of the United Kingdom. Pretty happy with my travels, count myself very lucky!

We were due to go to Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Guatemala and Colombia in March/April this year, but had to cancel due to family issues. Would've bumped up the number into the 30s Visiting Singapore & Australia next March.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 427
I've been to Malaysia, UAE, France, Oman, India, Sri Lanka, Singapore, South Africa and Egypt.

Not too bad, if I may say so myself.
Reply 428
It surprises me that such a big proportion of people has visited so many countries (25 or even more .... ) nevertheless I like travelling and I wish to myself one day to reach this number as well.
Reply 429
UK, USA, France, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Finland and Austria so that makes 8 :tongue: i would love to travel more when i can afford it though :smile:
6: UK, Greece, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, USA.

I would have thought more actually but I suppose it's just because I've been to the above countries multiple times instead of anywhere new.
Reply 431
Original post by ChessMister
traveling is depressingly overrated

(also 10)

edit: neg reps obviously from people who travel to escape their own lives; traveling is often mundane, especially "culture" traveling; all but a few cultures are exactly the same, despite what is suggested by heat and light intensity

When you are comparing the UK to Western Europe, of course there are going to be a similar culture considering the level of Americanisation that took place during reconstruction of Europe post-WW2. However even these countries retain elements of their own pre-WW2 identity. To say that most cultures are the same is remarkably stupid. It is also quite sad that you deem exploring new places as escaping. Im sure travelling can become pretty "mundane" if you spend 8 months restricting yourself to travelling around the capital cities of Western Europe, but most people don't do this.
UK (England, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland)
Southern Ireland
France
Germany
Spain
Cyprus
Malta
Greece
Belgium
U.S.A
Canada

So either 11 (if you count the UK as one country) or 14 (if you count the UK as 'seperate' countries).

Edit: Forgot Greece!
(edited 11 years ago)
Scotland
India x5
Dubai x2
Saudi arabia x2
France
Qatar
Singapore
So like 7

UK [England, Scotland and Wales]
France [x2]
Germany [x2]
Switzerland
Poland
Belgium
Spain [x2]
Greece [x2]
Turkey [x2]
Cyprus [x7]

Would love to visit India - that has been on my 'to do' list forever. :smile:
Reply 435
UK
Ireland
France

And if you count two brief visits to Geneva airport, then Switzerland makes 4.

So amongst these frequently-visited, nearby countries my list is going to look a bit odd once obscure countries like Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan are added in a week's time. :biggrin:
Original post by affinity89
UK [England, Scotland and Wales]
France [x2]
Germany [x2]
Switzerland
Poland
Belgium
Spain [x2]
Greece [x2]
Turkey [x2]
Cyprus [x7]

Would love to visit India - that has been on my 'to do' list forever. :smile:

Which city :redface: i have a family there its pretty awesome

Original post by CosmicVengeance
Which city :redface: i have a family there its pretty awesome

Kolkata [or Calcutta], New Delhi, Agra and Lucknow... Just because I've studied the areas during my degree and I think they are incredible. :smile:
Reply 438
UK :smile: -England, Scotland and Wales
America, too many times-Florida (4 times) Hawaii etc :smile:
Mexico, twice
Spain, 5 times (Gran Canaria)
Dubai
Italy
Vatican City
Australia
Cyprus, twice
France
Singapore
Malta
Switzerland
Norway
Belgium
South Africa
UK - England, Scotland, Wales
France x3
Spain
Denmark
Russia
America
Hong Kong x4 (So grateful to have family there :smile: )

If we include brief stops, then add Qatar to that list.

On my list to visit is China, Japan, Italy and Canada amongst others

Quick Reply

Latest