This discussion is closed.
Little Britain
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
Christ, I went into a chatroom today and was totally ousted, I wanted to know why parents completely loose their minds when naming their children, my friend at Exeter Uni has just named her baby son Xander Riley Jordan, what was she thinking? The chat room was full of Americans calling me a racist, I'll be called Robert Kilroy Silk next!
Mr White
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Imogen seems to be a popular name, nowadays. Why? I don't know.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Little Britain)
Christ, I went into a chatroom today and was totally ousted, I wanted to know why parents completely loose their minds when naming their children, my friend at Exeter Uni has just named her baby son Xander Riley Jordan, what was she thinking? The chat room was full of Americans calling me a racist, I'll be called Robert Kilroy Silk next!
shania is a weird name
Matt the cat
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Moon beam?
Ditzy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I bet most fo the daft names are named after famous people. My mum's a teacher, and you can tell the trends in popular culture by the names of the children. They're just waiting for an influx of Romeos in about 3-4 years time!
emma_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Gertrude
Prudence
Constance
Fanny

all baaaaaaaaad girls names
Niaya
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
my sisters friends names is gabrelle but everyone including her mum has always called her brie
other strange names my friends have are
esen
cant think of anything else
woody
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
A lady I know had a kid in her nursery called
Ifhe hada sickbin
I don't think that was how it was spelt but thats how it sounds
poor kid!
Little Britain
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by ditzy blonde)
I bet most fo the daft names are named after famous people. My mum's a teacher, and you can tell the trends in popular culture by the names of the children. They're just waiting for an influx of Romeos in about 3-4 years time!
I don't think that Clifton Suspension has quite the same ring to it as Brooklyn.
LPK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by emma_)
Gertrude
Prudence
Constance
Fanny

all baaaaaaaaad girls names
whats wrong with the last one :confused:
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by angel D)
my sisters friends names is gabrelle but everyone including her mum has always called her brie
What's wrong with Gabrelle? My name is Gabriel!
ThunderCat8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I hate all these new "posh" names, such as Chardonnay, Porsche, Chanel etc. They sound crap, Ok!

Another thing, this does sound racist, but it isn't...There are a lot of black people called names like Shanita etc, and that's fine. I don't think however that these names suit white girls. All day at school, all I hear are little girls shrieking out "Oh Shanita you ****! I hate you..." etc. Not nice at all.
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Ruaraidh (boy)
Pronounced Rury
jammyd
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Anything remotely trendy is awful. Traditional is best.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My mate's full name is Olufemi Okikiola Olaosebikan , shortened to Femi Lash.

I'm one to talk, my birth certificate says Zia Mohammad Shofiul Haque...
Dude
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
when my sister had her conformation, she called herself Assumpta.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)

Gabriel Copernicus William Henry Nyverlk-White. It's not even cultural, my family just goes way overboard on names.
Ditzy
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ThunderCat8)
I hate all these new "posh" names, such as Chardonnay, Porsche, Chanel etc. They sound crap, Ok!

Another thing, this does sound racist, but it isn't...There are a lot of black people called names like Shanita etc, and that's fine. I don't think however that these names suit white girls. All day at school, all I hear are little girls shrieking out "Oh Shanita you ****! I hate you..." etc. Not nice at all.
I had a friend who wanted to call her daughter Versace. I sorry, but I ahve no patience with people who want to give their kids daft names, its just unfair, the poor kids got to live with it for the rest of their lives.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Gabriel Copernicus William Henry Nyverlk-White. It's not even cultural, my family just goes way overboard on names.
I mistook it for Confucius, thinking "how wierd", good job it's been set straight...
ShOcKzZ
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)

where does juwel come into it?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (65)
18.9%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.83%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.94%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.2%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.93%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.26%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.78%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.49%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.33%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.74%

Watched Threads