Report 17 years ago
I guess I'm anglo-american, or americo-anglian
Mr White
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Little Britain)
The Americans just seem to want to associate themselves with somesort of hertitage because they don't have as much of their own (watch all the hatred come my way from all the Americans now!)
Well, it can't be debated - its true. The USA is one of the youngest countries, and doesn't really have a history (the Civil War and the War of Independence - that's about it).
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by pal_sch)
I guess I'm anglo-american, or americo-anglian
Anglo-Latvian, in my case. Not a very common combination, I know.
pal_sch
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Mr White)
Well, it can't be debated - its true. The USA is one of the youngest countries, and doesn't really have a history (the Civil War and the War of Independence - that's about it).
They seem to have a lot of history, but little time in which it happened. Fine culture is like fine wine, takes time to mature, but keep it somewhere safe or it will be ruined.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Bengali. All too common in my view...
Howard
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Plenty of Old Estonians in the Tory party.
Spc_K
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
The vich partonimic doesn't apply to poland, but a much better guess than many glitter.

Belarus is a totally correct guess, apart from the fact that i come from Russia. But that's just the fortune of whom you knew. Well done Mr White.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
Pfeh, Estonians. We laugh at their silly little country.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Spc_K)
The vich partonimic doesn't apply to poland, but a much better guess than many glitter.

Belarus is a totally correct guess, apart from the fact that i come from Russia. But that's just the fortune of whom you knew. Well done Mr White.
Really? I thought that you'd turn out to be Korean or something equally obscure. Russia would have been my second guess, actually.
superstar*honey
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Christ, I went into a chatroom today and was totally ousted, I wanted to know why parents completely loose their minds when naming their children, my friend at Exeter Uni has just named her baby son Xander Riley Jordan, what was she thinking? The chat room was full of Americans calling me a racist, I'll be called Robert Kilroy Silk next!
my name is the wrst eva honey!!! i mean who calls a child honey
its like summat u put on ur beadn toast lol
pal_sch
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Really? I thought that you'd turn out to be Korean or something equally obscure. Russia would have been my second guess, actually.
I would have said Russia, but it just seemed too obvious. Also, I had to get the vodka jokes out of my head before posting.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by superstar*honey)
my name is the wrst eva honey!!! i mean who calls a child honey
its like summat u put on ur beadn toast lol
Really? Are you sure that it's not Dave or Phil?
suspicious_fish
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My brother's name is Merlin.
I have a (totally working class English) friend called:
Christopholes David David David Clare Damien Richardson the 3rd of York.
And he has nothing to do with York.
Beat that, my chickies.
Little Britain
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 17 years ago
(Original post by Howard)
I am sure that I will get plenty of hate mail for this, but when I went to the USA last year, I was shocked at the size of people, the vast majority are massive, if you go to Hollywood there are only about 10 people under 20 stone. I don't hate American's, they are just very easy to wind up, you can be in a bar having a laugh, the next thing you see is a very angry American telling you to get out because you are being offensive. Touchy or what, they wouldn't last 5 minutes in somewhere like Newcastle or Liverpool.
Joey_Johns
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Really? Are you sure that it's not Dave or Phil?
He prefers to be call big dave to those in the know. For he is a trucker.
Spc_K
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Honey.... aren't you that attention seeker talking about the rail crash and all? Hmm... well i can't be bothered to scroll through threads... so i'll just let it stand as fact.... maybe you're actually a 37 year old man though... hmm confusing.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I am sure that I will get plenty of hate mail for this, but when I went to the USA last year, I was shocked at the size of people, the vast majority are massive, if you go to Hollywood there are only about 10 people under 20 stone. I don't hate American's, they are just very easy to wind up, you can be in a bar having a laugh, the next thing you see is a very angry American telling you to get out because you are being offensive. Touchy or what, they wouldn't last 5 minutes in somewhere like Newcastle or Liverpool.
I completly agree with you. They are tyring to combat obeistity over there though. You can tell that by the simple fact that McDonalds is up the *****er over there.
Mr White
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Joey_Johns)
I completly agree with you. They are tyring to combat obeistity over there though. You can tell that by the simple fact that McDonalds is up the *****er over there.
That's because they're built so damn many that they are actually enfringing each other's profits.
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
I remember a story in the paper about a guy who named his son after the entire Man Utd squad of 1998-99 (the Treble season). Now I'm all for recognising the achievements of Man Utd but that's just so impractical and stupid.

The first name was Alex by the way.
Joey_Johns
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
That's because they're built so damn many that they are actually enfringing each other's profits.
The fat *******s couldnt get enough of them at one stage. Now Subway has come along they have all realised they can eat half healthily they are non enfringing.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What would make a great online university open day?

Virtual campus tour (65)
18.9%
Virtual accommodation tour (51)
14.83%
Find out about sports clubs, societies and facilities (17)
4.94%
Video content about the local area (3)
0.87%
Webinars with lecturers (11)
3.2%
Taster lectures or seminars (72)
20.93%
Speak to current students studying my course (80)
23.26%
Speak to current students about the uni in general (13)
3.78%
Fun online activities or experiences (12)
3.49%
Connecting with careers services or employers (8)
2.33%
Info about student wellbeing and support services (6)
1.74%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (6)
1.74%

Watched Threads