Home For Christmas From Uni... Watch

Hanzing
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Anyone else feeling a bit weird?

Saw some of my best mates today, and it was great but Im so confused as it seems so weird to be home again, and when there talking about their uni experiences it seems so much better than mine (Gah!). Im looking foward to getting back.. But its just so odd. Anyone else feeling the same>?
nikk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah i've got post-term blues! I like my uni routine and miss it!
LubyLoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I go home every other weekend anyway, but to stay for longer than a weekend is becoming a nightmare. I've become so used to my independence, and being told what to do isn't my idea of fun. Although as much as I love uni, I just wish I loved my course as much.
Hanzing
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Awwh, I know what you mean.. I love my Big uni room and independence. Its all so weird. Alot harder to go out here aswell, not like the city.. e erything so far away!
Fluffy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm enjoying a well earned rest!
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hanzing)
Awwh, I know what you mean.. I love my Big uni room and independence. Its all so weird. Alot harder to go out here aswell, not like the city.. e erything so far away!
Indeeed, I feel so isolated here...back in Durham everything's a walk away. Here the only place to go is the field to walk my dog :p: thank god I'm going back in a week!
Zebrastripes
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It feels so strange here. My old friends seem a bit weird compared to my new friends. I felt really quite uncomfortable when i was with them. And i hate having to pay more for a bus here than in London!!!
sexysax
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I am a bit bored to be honest and I wish I was back at uni. I've lost all motivation to do any work even though I have tons to do.
marmitebagel
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeh ive been back for 5 hours and just want to return to university. I think Birmingham has become my home now.
gianthead
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by marmitebagel)
Yeh ive been back for 5 hours and just want to return to university. I think Birmingham has become my home now.
if your univ is UofB it's no wonder you miss it! I used to work there and I hated going back to my parents' house in Sutton every evening. I loved the uni so much and mixed well with most of the students....arrg
tommorris
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm not missing it. I have to commute for three hours each day. The ability to sleep in until midday on a weekday and lounge around catch up on my Kierkegaard is something I am enjoying quite a lot.
pete77
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The break will do me good !
hallucination
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I quite like being at home, although I am getting seriously worried about the amount of food that keeps getting put in front at me! Looking quite forward to going back to uni just to get into normal eating habits again.
Whereas people have said that they feel far away from the action at home, I'm actually the opposite; at Sussex you have to get the train or bus to get ANYWHERE... at home I can walk for 10 minutes and be in the centre of town, in 20 minutes I can be in Central London. It's nice going out with my old friends as well.
FadeToBlackout
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It just feels strange. My room is full of everyone else's stuff, I spend far more time at work than at home, I have no motivation (or resorces) to work, and I miss my mates from uni. I just miss walking downstairs from my room and having cups of tea. I met up with a load of friends from school last night which ws nice, but I know so many new people now.

I want to be back, really, with everyone else. And away from all the chavs that there are at home.
Chickadee
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I like being back at home. Dont want to go back to uni :p:
SophistiCat
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm still at university but everyone else has gone and I'm leaving tomorrow ... plus I'm going back to the Isle of Man which is possibly the most boring place on the face of the Earth... :p:

However, I will be staying in Birmingham over New Years.... :party:
RachelBabyfrog
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's fantastic to see everyone at home... we have a really close knit friendship group, so it was just like picking up where we left off, as if we'd seen each other the day before, rather than three months ago! However, I really miss everyone from university, especially my boyfriend and my ***** - and I was really surprised and unnerved when my mum told me what to do the other day! I didn't know how to react!!
LizzyLizzy
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i do wish people wouldnt whinge. i dont get to leave uni until the 23rd and even then its not to go home. I will see my mum for 3days this christmas and it wont even be christmas day. So dont ***** , be grateful that you get to go home and be bored. I CANT WAIT!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a role model?

Yes - I know them personally (294)
26.09%
Yes - they're famous (286)
25.38%
No I don't (547)
48.54%

Watched Threads