The Student Room Group

Physio Courses - Manchester Met

Hey all

I have noticed on a previous thread that JackieS said that University of East London isn't the greatest to apply to for physiotherapy citing lack of support the students receive.

I've applied to Manchester Met and to be honest it's my first choice of uni. Has anyone, in particular Jackie, heard anything bad about their course? i.e lack of student support.. I have also put down Sheffield Hallam and Leeds Met has anyone heard about bad about their teaching?

I have not studied formally for nearly 5 years after finishing my 1st degree so I really would like a course that has sufficient student support initially whilst I'm easing my way back into studying.
Reply 1
kikila
Hey all

I have noticed on a previous thread that JackieS said that University of East London isn't the greatest to apply to for physiotherapy citing lack of support the students receive.

I've applied to Manchester Met and to be honest it's my first choice of uni. Has anyone, in particular Jackie, heard anything bad about their course? i.e lack of student support.. I have also put down Sheffield Hallam and Leeds Met has anyone heard about bad about their teaching?

I have not studied formally for nearly 5 years after finishing my 1st degree so I really would like a course that has sufficient student support initially whilst I'm easing my way back into studying.

I applied to Manchetser when I applied the first time at 18 and I had an offer and was all set to go there until I didn't get the results I needed on results day. I haven't heard anything about it recently but when I applied inititally it was one of the best physio schools around next to nottingham., I absolutely adored it there, infact it reminds me alot of Georges where I am now..........nice relaxed family like atompshere and from what I heard it teaching is/was top class.

Each uni will have problems, no course is perfect. If you go there on an open day have a talk to the current stduents who will be there to talk to you. They will mostly likely be very honest about the course (like I try to be!). Current/past students are you best bet of getting slightly less biased ideas compared to what you hear from tutors/admissions officers

But anyway - Manchester is top class from what I've heard. Good luck with your application!
Reply 2
i got an offer from manchester last year, and i agree with what JackieS said, its top, tha atmosphere is great and the lecturers and people who interviewed me gave me a very good impression of the uni. they also made more of an effort to attract prospective student for a uni that is very good for physio (unlike other good unis such as nottingham whos open day totally put me off teh place - no offence to anyone who goes there) it had a good reputation and from the impression i got its a nice place to go for physio!