Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jellybaby99)
how does grey look....?
Quite nice, I'd say one of the better looking hill colleges

Probably the 2nd best looking actually, after Marys

Just search grey college durham on Google, click "Images" at the top and have a look, there are a few pics
jellybaby99
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dobbs)
Quite nice, I'd say one of the better looking hill colleges

Probably the 2nd best looking actually, after Marys

Just search grey college durham on Google, click "Images" at the top and have a look, there are a few pics
merci beaucoup, looks shexay
dobbs
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by jellybaby99)
merci beaucoup, looks shexay
Looks can be deceiving
forever_delayed
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by minicoopa)
i also heard the partying life isnt all that, can anyone tell me otherwise ?
Who told you that??! Someone who either doesn't know Grey or doesn't know what 'partying' means!

The '04 intake were (by and large) a pile of poo who just sat in the rooms ALL the time doing sod all and generally honing their anti-social skills, but the rest of us are above-average in the party-hard department.

If you're a bit of a party animal then you'll fit right in at Grey, no worries!
jellybaby99
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by dobbs)
Looks can be deceiving
hmm...but sumtimes pics tell a 1000 words...and i think the grey pics erm say shexay a 1000 times over...
minicoopa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
judging on ur guys comments- i think id fit right in :p:

but its good to know its not just ppl who dont go out. but now makes my decision harder hmmpphhh shud have kept me mouth shut

ty everyone

x
schmitz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've received an offer from Grey College (AAA for law ) and will be visiting for the Open Day on 21st March. Trouble is, I'm going to have to leave about 1.00pm the day before in order to arrive at any kind of reasonable time and the train up from Essex will probably cost about £120.00 return :eek:

That's the one difficulty with wanting to go to a university that's so far away
Mattmoy_2000
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Dude, £120 for a train from Essex is a rip off, you can get a single from King's cross for a tenner if you go to thetrainline.com (or .co.uk, I forget). Alternatively, if your parents can give you a lift to Stansted, then flights to Newcastle are dead cheap (like a fiver, seriously, then the train from the airport to Newcastle is like £2, and from Newcastle to durham is about £4). Don't pay £120 whatever you do...
arkbar
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yep, it's a GNER superapexduperticket if you ring up or go on thetrainline, I got mine really cheap for the open day but my friends also got the plane up and there was nothing wrong with that.
Join the Essex Durhamite group :cool:
schmitz
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mattmoy_2000)
Dude, £120 for a train from Essex is a rip off, you can get a single from King's cross for a tenner if you go to thetrainline.com (or .co.uk, I forget). Alternatively, if your parents can give you a lift to Stansted, then flights to Newcastle are dead cheap (like a fiver, seriously, then the train from the airport to Newcastle is like £2, and from Newcastle to durham is about £4). Don't pay £120 whatever you do...
I tried thetrainline.com and it was seriously expensive for the times I would need to travel because I would otherwise arrive at about 10.00pm which means I would miss out on the evening before and therefore not be able to get as much out of the day as I would otherwise. I was considering flying to Newcastle which seemed to be about £40.00 return including taxes with Easyjet but the times would also mean arriving quite late. I think I'll go to the ticket office at Billericay station and try and arrange it there because tickets always seem to be strangely cheaper if you buy them at the ticket office in advance.
joliexlaide
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by schmitz)
I've received an offer from Grey College (AAA for law ) and will be visiting for the Open Day on 21st March. Trouble is, I'm going to have to leave about 1.00pm the day before in order to arrive at any kind of reasonable time and the train up from Essex will probably cost about £120.00 return :eek:

That's the one difficulty with wanting to go to a university that's so far away
Same as - I live in Kent & am having to leave at some ridiculous hour (ok, so mid-afternoon) the day before to get there. >_< Plus my offer isn't even shown on UCAS yet, but they sent me their lovely letter thing. Should I be slightly worried yet? I'm a Grey applicant too. ^_^
minicoopa
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
man i feel lucky that my parents can take me places. anyone in london need a lift :P
forever_delayed
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by joliexlaide)
Same as - I live in Kent & am having to leave at some ridiculous hour (ok, so mid-afternoon) the day before to get there. >_< Plus my offer isn't even shown on UCAS yet, but they sent me their lovely letter thing. Should I be slightly worried yet? I'm a Grey applicant too. ^_^
Loads of people stay over for the night for the open days, don't worry about that.
Nice to see Kent being represented! Whereabouts in Kent are you? And when is the Open Day anyway?
Mattmoy_2000
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
tickets always seem to be strangely cheaper if you buy them at the ticket office in advance.
No, they don't! Ticket office guy told me that the cheapest ticket in existence would cost me ~£46 single. Looked on thetrainline.com and got one for a tenner.
dobbs
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mattmoy_2000)
No, they don't! Ticket office guy told me that the cheapest ticket in existence would cost me ~£46 single. Looked on thetrainline.com and got one for a tenner.
Agreed, if you say to someone in a ticket office you want a train around 9am they'll look at 9am and that's it. Even if they see one for half the price at 9.30am they most likely won't mention it.

Online, you can see all the cheapo ones!

Ticket offices are so crap, I always just use the FastTicket machines when going short distances!
Mattmoy_2000
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No, I asked for any time, any day EVER. I was buying AGES in advance.
forever_delayed
Report 12 years ago
What? I got my ticket at the station after thetrainline.com refusing to post my ticket out to me and it was fine. Got exactly the ticket I wanted with connections and everything included at the cheapo price
KgeoK
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Hey, I'm also going up to the 21 March open day (Geography, Grey college). I got told by the ticket office that if I wait a while longer to book I'll be able to get the cheap £10 ticket. The guy said it'll probably be a few days till the prices come up cheap for that date and to keep having a look everyday.
Rach:)
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by KgeoK)
Hey, I'm also going up to the 21 March open day (Geography, Grey college). I got told by the ticket office that if I wait a while longer to book I'll be able to get the cheap £10 ticket. The guy said it'll probably be a few days till the prices come up cheap for that date and to keep having a look everyday.
*shameless plugging*

Join the geography thread! :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (274)
27.29%
No (730)
72.71%

Watched Threads