Who's who? Watch

JoeMason
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by GR4pilot)
You fly with a Cessna? Who pilots it? lol
Well you can't fly without one!!!!! (Unless your flying an entirely different aircraft in which case a cessna would be totally useless!!)

Ok OK, the pedantics are out in force, I actually fly in a cessna!!

Jeeeeez!!!
djmm
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Do you flt the cessna? Sorry.

Mark
Nickyd23
Report 13 years ago
Hello, My name is Nicole, 22. Studying Intnl Business, Spanish and French at uwe, Bristol. Am currently in the OTC and will be applying for Int and WSOp (L)
mankyscot2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hey, my name is Cal, i'm 21 from Montrose in Scotland. I finished a bachelor of science degree at the University of Manchester in June, it was in the mega fantastic subject of Geology where I learned a lot of information which I never use, mainly about rocks and stuff. Because I found my university course so interesting, I decided I would like to join the RAF. I started my application rolling in summer but I have had a much longer standing interest in the RAF. I was unsuccessful in my first filter interview but breezed it second time after beasting myself full of current affairs. I was at OASC for four days starting on the 20th of November applying for Pilot, WSO, Int and WSOp. Unfortunately I failed due to sub-standard hearing on my part. I am hoping to get the ball rolling towards another branch by the name of RAF Provost Officer in the new year.
*Jude*
Report 13 years ago
I'm 17, i went in for fleet air arm but annoyingly failed my aptitude tests in October and have now applied for Warfare Officer (PWO) i've got my AIB on 26th March and am feeling lonely here cause everyone seems to want to join the RAF...obviously haven't seen the light yet!
alastair
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm 20 and looking into Warfare Officer, waiting to hear back on a normal job application before pursuing it and unfortunately by then my nearest AFCO will be 20mins away and a train journey!
GR29KHS
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by *Jude*)
i've got my AIB on 26th March and am feeling lonely here cause everyone seems to want to join the RAF...obviously haven't seen the light yet!
Lol.

This thread is for everyone so let's see some more Army/Navy people in here.
LouE3D
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by *Jude*)
I'm 17, i went in for fleet air arm but annoyingly failed my aptitude tests in October and have now applied for Warfare Officer (PWO) i've got my AIB on 26th March and am feeling lonely here cause everyone seems to want to join the RAF...obviously haven't seen the light yet!
Navy... groovy... Know nothing about it so could do with the education! Welcome to the forum :p:
Hashshashin
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hey, I'm Zak, turning 16 in 5 days. I'm hoping to join RMR Bristol as soon as I turn 17 at the start of 2007, and complete phases 1A, 1B and 2 while I'm in sixth form.

If I get that far, I want to go to uni (to do Arabic and Persian) then transfer to the regular RM once my degree's finished. Note that I don't want to go for officer entry.
LouE3D
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Hashshashin)
Note that I don't want to go for officer entry.
Particular reason?
Steve Stifler
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
He may change his mond once he is in though. I personally had my heart set on officer, then when I joined the OTC it was like a year long fam visit and I felt that I didn't really want to be serving with these sort of people, not all of them, only some of them that really put me off the future officers. It may have just been my OTC but since joining the TA I have loved every minute of being a soldier, no responsibilities, no standards to set to everyone, I pretty much get away with murder. I may change my mind again but at the moment I love what I am doing at the moment
Hashshashin
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by LouE3D)
Particular reason?
Lots of complicated reasons, but essentially I'm much happier risking my own life than ordering other people to risk theirs. I want to be part of a regiment, not one of its commanders. And I'm willing to sacrifice the extra pay for this. Despite what other people (including my friends) have said, I don't believe I'm 'wasting my education' at all. It's hard to explain actually, I just know that I want to spend my 22 years on the front line (or in training, depending on the regularity of future wars :rolleyes: ), and will be happy doing so.

Last February, I spent a weeks work experience with 32 Royal Artillery through my school - I loved it, and I don't even want to join the RA! But what I loved most was being part of a group of strongly motivated people, bonded together by what they're doing. I could feel that and felt part of it after only a few days. I also knew then that I would not be happy in the higher echelons of power.
Alex Himself
Report 13 years ago
Yo, im Alex 20 from Wiltshire, started RTS at RAF Halton 30 Nov 05, on 2 weeks leave now, after RTS willl be doing trade training at RAF Cosford for trade of CIS OM.

Started training with the regiment for 4 weeks now and enjoying every minute of it.

Alex
Scimitar_vc
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm Alan, 20, havent posted before but read everything Was going to apply for FC and ATC but had a nasty accident and broke my back in july. For the time being I'm going to start a degree.
threeportdrift
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Three port drift. I've just left the RAF after 17 years as a Hercules navigator plus other 'career' postings. I've gone back to University and found these pages while looking at my Uni site, so I've been watching what goes on in here for about 6 months. I don't have much to add about the recruitment/selection process as it was so long ago for me, but I'm happy to comment on more general 'life in the RAF' questions and I've pm'd a few when I've had specific info for them.
Spiral Architect
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'm Luke, 18. I applied last year to the Royal Corps of Signals as a Systems Engineer Technician, however my application was postponed for a year due to a tiny patch of eczema on my hand (fortunately this has now cleared). Rather than waiting around for a year I decided to go to uni first, before re-applying. Obviously having a degree will open up the Officer route but depending on how my degree goes, as i'm findin it really hard (BEng Communications Engineering) will depend on which route I go down.

I'm also in the OTC while at uni.
Steve Stifler
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SpiralArchitect)
I'm also in the OTC while at uni.
And you drink like a poof
High Best Cold
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im a Pilot on a UAS.
Putting the ol papers in when I go back to sqn in Jan. Hopefully get me some blue stripes on those white tabs!
Wzz
  • CV Helper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by High Best Cold)
Im a Pilot on a UAS.
You're an undergraduate student undergoing military flying training on a UAS.

Your QFIs are pilots on a UAS. I wish someone had reminded me when I was 19/20 and finishing EFT to realise that I wasn't quite a pilot yet; and that 50 hours in a Tutor does not a military pilot make

Edit to add: I'm quite happy being relatively anonymous. I'm in the RAF, I'm a pilot, I used to work in recruiting, and I do my best to help people who want advice. I live with BlackHawk.
Steve Stifler
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Wzz)
You're an undergraduate student undergoing military flying training on a UAS.

Your QFIs are pilots on a UAS. I wish someone had reminded me when I was 19/20 and finishing EFT to realise that I wasn't quite a pilot yet; and that 50 hours in a Tutor does not a military pilot make

Edit to add: I'm quite happy being relatively anonymous. I'm in the RAF, I'm a pilot, I used to work in recruiting, and I do my best to help people who want advice. I live with BlackHawk.
Ooooh meow! lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1375)
79.53%
Leave (354)
20.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise