Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turnstile)
    Hiya, Caroline 24 going for flt ops and provost
    Hey Caroline.

What stage are you at with applications etc. I am just pleased to see someone else looking at flight ops as we seem to be few and far between.

ReputationRep:
    It's cause they don't recruit a lot, they leave the spaces for failed pilots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by big_pd)
    Hey Caroline.

What stage are you at with applications etc. I am just pleased to see someone else looking at flight ops as we seem to be few and far between.
    I second that!

ReputationRep:
    Hey folks,

Right at the start of it all, keep having set backs, was all set last year and had an unexpected death in the family which caused me to do well nothing, lost will to do anything, however since got back on track and am unfortunately 6kg over weight which i wasnt back then - d'oh, nobody can understand as i apparently dont look it, but its there in black and white and the afco have told me so. So they wont see me till its lost, was going well then had another death over chrimbo, however this time its made me more determined - the weight will be gone by easter even if i have to starve myself - so if you have any top tips??!!

Found out back when i was 16 that could never fly due to eyesight and have been looking at other options ever since.
    I am however a VGS pilot and love the running the line side of things, love organsing things, paperwork more the better and i think that its the closest im gonna get to being a pilot. Have my heart set on it.

If i fail as an officer for flt ops, obviously i want to be an officer in the raf first so would consider other branches. However if rejected totally will be applying as an ops ass.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear about all the bad news. At least you seem to have things back on track now and are determined to do it. As far as the weight thing goes don't stress over it too much. When i finished uni i was close to 18 stone so quickly lost it to apply for the RAF. I passed everything although I am still loosing more each week. Just eat the right things and excercise daily. even if it's just 30 mins walking. it all helps. If you need help or info on flight ops pm me.

Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Yea, for God's sake don't starve yourself or go on a diet - especially a low carb one. Eat properly, get the right vits and mins and exercise regularly, although don't run 2 days in a row. If you're a member of a gym tell the staff there that you need to loose X weight and you need a programme geared to that. if not a gym member run, cycle and swim.

ReputationRep:
    It depends whether your talking mentally or physically. 5 is a good age i think. I'd love to be 5 again without a care in the world!

Bloody hell you women are picky! Especially you LouE3D. I'm going to have to have words with you young lady!
    Bring it on sunshine!!! You know where I am :p: :littleang

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you've been through it a bit but good for you for cracking on and being so determined! Good luck with it all!

Re: weight loss.... something filling for breakfast like weetabix... does keep you going for a bit! Eat loads of fruit (apples, pears, some bananas - not every day), dried fruit, mixed nuts as snacks instead of chocolate biscuits... ryvita sunflower seeds & oat things are very nice too! Salad or veg for lunch - was making ratateui (sp?) at home and bringing into work - easy, cheap and tasty. Veg based dinner... stir fired veg and rice noodles, jacket potato with tuna and mayo, stuff like that! DO NOT GO HUNGRY!!! They way i do it is by trying to remove all added sugar, salt, additives etc from my diet... no it's unlikely that I'll be completely successful but my diet is very healthy and have lost 5 pounds in last 2 weeks and had the odd relapse (cake! :p: )... prob have about 5-8 portions fruit and veg a day. Make sure you exercise too... I do 30 min cardio box in morning before work - get the metabolism going!!! Oh and avoid tea, coffee, squash and definitly POP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouE3D)
    Bring it on sunshine!!! You know where I am :p: :littleang
    Little angel!!!! Don't know who told you that. I feel you have been severly mislead at some stage in your life.! Little perhaps but certainly no angel!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Little angel!!!! Don't know who told you that. I feel you have been severly mislead at some stage in your life.! Little perhaps but certainly no angel!!!!!
    Don't deny the truth!!! Wouldn't say I've been severly mislead, mildly confused by people, possibly :confused: :p:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.