The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex Uni Biology/Ecology Applicants

Its really hard to find Bio/Ecology applicants, i've been searching all over the place but they seem to be quite hard to find (especially Ecology applicants?), so thought i'd make this page :smile:

I'm (hopefully) doing Ecology and Conservation BSc, my offers ABB :smile: I'm actually really suprised there seem to be so few science applicants for Sussex, seeing as its currently 8th in the UK for Biosciences!

What was your offer? Did you firm Sussex? What accomodation are you applying for? Do you like the look of Sussex?

:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Charlieeeeee
Its really hard to find Bio/Ecology applicants, i've been searching all over the place but they seem to be quite hard to find (especially Ecology applicants?), so thought i'd make this page :smile:

I'm (hopefully) doing Ecology and Conservation BSc, my offers ABB :smile: I'm actually really suprised there seem to be so few science applicants for Sussex, seeing as its currently 8th in the UK for Biosciences!

What was your offer? Did you firm Sussex? What accomodation are you applying for? Do you like the look of Sussex?

:smile:

Hey i've hardly found any either!! i'm hopefully going to be studying Biology with an offer of AAC :smile: and i surely did firm sussex! i applied for Lewes court 1 / Brighthelm - heard great things. I absolutely do like the look of sussex and brighton!

How about you?
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Im firmed for biology too. Met the conditional offer a while back so im definitely in =]
Reply 3
I've got an unconditional AAB offer for Biology. Changed from Biomed recently as I think I want to study plants/ecology etc as well.

I applied for Lewes Court phase 2. Will hopefully get that!

Anyone know when the course starts?
Reply 4
Original post by Paperboat
I've got an unconditional AAB offer for Biology. Changed from Biomed recently as I think I want to study plants/ecology etc as well.

Nice, i think official term time starts on 2nd of October and freshers week is about 9 days before.
Reply 5
Original post by Meesta
Nice, i think official term time starts on 2nd of October and freshers week is about 9 days before.

Ah. Thank you (: So move in time should be like mid/end sept.
Reply 6

Yeah i think that's right :smile:
Reply 7

You can move into University accommodation on 24th or 25th Sep, Freshers Week activities start from 24th

Jo
Reply 8
Biology, ABB or AAC
The way my exams have gone though i'm not sure i'll achieve that! Reckon there will be any leniancy to let in students who don't meet the conditions?
Reply 9
Original post by ro.
Biology, ABB or AAC
The way my exams have gone though i'm not sure i'll achieve that! Reckon there will be any leniancy to let in students who don't meet the conditions?

I hope there is a degree of leniency as i have similar conditions!
Reply 10
Hi, thought I'd join in as I just swapped from geography to biology at sussex (my firm)

Offers ABB or AAC, which is lower than the AAB for geography anyway
Reply 11
Original post by Skye333
Hi, thought I'd join in as I just swapped from geography to biology at sussex (my firm)

Offers ABB or AAC, which is lower than the AAB for geography anyway

Why did you swap, out of interest? Also what A levels did you do?
Reply 12
Original post by Charlieeeeee
Why did you swap, out of interest? Also what A levels did you do?

Decided I would prefer biology really and if I wanted I could do more things I'd like afterwards (geography career stories of river management and town planning didn't thrill me), I did biology, chemistry and geography (+history as but that didn't go so well)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13

Just out of curiosity, how did you receive an unconditional offer? Did you have your A-Level results before you applied? Or is it possible to also receive an unconditional offer with really good predicted grades? :colondollar:
Reply 14
im hoping (but obviously not too much, dont want to be too disappointed) that because ecology is fairly unpopular (compared to biology) and because sussex offered me the lowest offer available for ecology (ABC/BBC - i have 4 a levels so it depends on what 3 they decided to take lol) they might be lenient with me. i already have ABC but i'm hoping to get a B in geography as it will be my second science as well as biology...dear god i want to go to sussex more than anything, even if i got an A* i wouldnt consider adjustment!!
Reply 15
My offer got switched to unconditional on UCAS last week so im fairly happy about that. Waiting for my accommodation to be told to me now lol
Reply 16
Original post by orlykid
My offer got switched to unconditional on UCAS last week so im fairly happy about that. Waiting for my accommodation to be told to me now lol

are you currently doing a levels? how on earth did you manage to get from conditional to unconditional lol! massively jealous
Reply 17
I was doing Access so i got my results the end of July =]
Reply 18
Original post by orlykid
I was doing Access so i got my results the end of July =]

Ohhh I see! What are you doing at Sussex then?
Reply 19
Biology =]

Quick Reply

Latest