This discussion is closed.
Nafisa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Daveo)
I meant it might give shy people the courage to express how they feel about someone which may lead to a relationship when the rest of the time they may have been too scared.
so this day acts to give someone courage to ask somebody out because for some reason they couldnt before, the difference on valentines day is.....
Daveo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Nafisa)
so this day acts to give someone courage to ask somebody out because for some reason they couldnt before, the difference on valentines day is.....
Thats the whole idea..... Its just a time when a secret admirer or such like gets the chance to blend in with the crowd and express their feelings.

And its a time to do that little EXTRA something for the one you love. Like taking her to paris or new york....oh how i wish.
Eru Iluvatar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
...that it is a day dedicated to love, and people feel more comfortable in the surrounding of it to express how they feel than on a normal day
Nafisa
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by Iluvatar)
...that it is a day dedicated to love, and people feel more comfortable in the surrounding of it to express how they feel than on a normal day
ok if you say so :rolleyes:
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
My mum and dad got married on Valentines day
woody
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
So did mine!
me!
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by woody)
So did mine!
!
woody
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Truly amazing!
me!
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by woody)
Truly amazing!
indeed
woody
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
Their going on the millenium eye on valentines.
me!
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by woody)
Their going on the millenium eye on valentines.
awwwwww! My whole family is going out for a meal...
Agent-Orange
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
See the quote of January 2004.
rae
Report 17 years ago
im spending it with my now-boyfriend, who was once a guy who worked in a pub who i ogled for weeks and kept going back just to see, before anything finally happened (and when it did the Fates were against it!)
PacMan
Rep:
?
Report 17 years ago
(Original post by rae)
im spending it with my now-boyfriend, who was once a guy who worked in a pub who i ogled for weeks and kept going back just to see, before anything finally happened (and when it did the Fates were against it!)
i dont got no1 for valentines day cuz my g/f finished me yesterday ah well at least i can save my money for my holiday now
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you consider Adjustment if your grades were higher than you expected?

Yes, I'd look at higher ranking universities than my current choices (105)
43.75%
Yes, I'd look for a course or uni that is a better fit for me (39)
16.25%
No, I'd stick with my current uni choice (91)
37.92%
Something else (let us know in the thread below!) (5)
2.08%

Watched Threads