AQA A2 Geography Plate Tectonics case studies, how many do we need to know? Watch

Crazydavy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
In the specification under Vulcanicity it says two case studies of volcanic events, so for that I'll do Mount Etna and Chaiten.

And under Seismicity it says two case studies of seismic events. Can I do for the volcanoes for that or what? Do I need to do two earthquake case studies, or a tsunami and an earthquake case study, such as Indonesia etc...?
Lucygator
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Crazydavy)
In the specification under Vulcanicity it says two case studies of volcanic events, so for that I'll do Mount Etna and Chaiten.

And under Seismicity it says two case studies of seismic events. Can I do for the volcanoes for that or what? Do I need to do two earthquake case studies, or a tsunami and an earthquake case study, such as Indonesia etc...?

I think they have to be earthquake related. Ive learnt an earthquake and the Indian ocean tsunami
Killsworth
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Crazydavy)

the volcanoes are good and shows MEDC and LEDC comparison, but more the better

and no volcanoes cannot be used for seismicity, there's case studies on the Sichuan, China one in the NT book, also Northridge in America in the PA book, but the tsunami does count as a seismic case study

the blue writing in my attachment revision notes have the 6 case studies i've particularly learnt
Avon37
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Killsworth)
the volcanoes are good and shows MEDC and LEDC comparison, but more the better

and no volcanoes cannot be used for seismicity, there's case studies on the Sichuan, China one in the NT book, also Northridge in America in the PA book, but the tsunami does count as a seismic case study

the blue writing in my attachment revision notes have the 6 case studies i've particularly learnt
This was extremely helpful... do you have a similar document for World Cities and/or ecosystems?
Please
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Liverpool
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (263)
31.92%
The paper was reasonable (405)
49.15%
Not feeling great about that exam... (92)
11.17%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
7.77%

Watched Threads